Echo & Alexa Forums

X10 via Broadlink RM Pro?

asianrocker

Re: X10 via Broadlink RM Pro?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 05:43:34 pm »
The HA-Bridge is a Philips Hue bridge emulator
You don't need a physical hub to use the HA-Bridge however it will work with several hubs.
The only thing I have that can be considered a hub currently is the Broadlink RM pro.
 ;)

Ya. I actually thought I found what I was looking for but the creator of github himself said you still need an actual  Philips Hue bridge or the philips hub for it to work with hue lights. Are you sure this will work with hue lights? Coz right now I am looking for smart wifi bulbs with no hub that works with alexa. And there's a lot of them.

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 04:20:18 pm »
I remember seeing something like you stated. However I don't use Philips hue bulbs so for me to say for sure either way would not be right.
My home automation both in the city and at the cottage are primarily X10 though I do have other protocols in the mix.
I use regular and Dimmable (non Smart) LEDs and Alexa  controls them via HA-Bridge and X10

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 05:43:23 pm »
I just checked the HA-Bridge readme(help) it specificaly states a Philips hue bridge is needed for communication with Philips Hue devices
NOTE: This software does not control Philips Hue devices directly. A physical Philips Hue Hub is required for that, by which the ha-bridge can then proxy all of your real Hue bridges behind this bridge.

OldX10er

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2017, 01:41:25 pm »
Hi Guys:
I just got my Broadlink RM Pro and I've gotten it working with e-control using the codes downloaded from the cloud for code L control.  How do I convert this to another code like A or D?  Is there some way to download and edit the files?

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 02:05:37 pm »
You can't convert the list to another house code like A
There are other code lists which are downloadable I believe I may have uploaded for A at some point.
if you can't find the codes for the house code you need, you'll have to learn them with the Broadlink.