Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa App - Smart home devices available for more than one user??

DCLawrence_UK

Hi there,

I had a little look on the forum for an answer beforehand so sorry if this is retreading old ground...

I'm living with my girlfriend and we recently expanded from having an echo dot to the Plus... we thought this was a good time to buy a (device 1) Hue white bulb and (device 2) HS100 smart plug. As I was the first person to unbox the items and plug them in, I linked them to my Alexa App account in 'Smart Home - Devices'.

However, when I go to my girlfriends phone to try and register them there it doesn't seem possible to link them to multiple accounts? Am I missing something here?

Sure, my girlfriend can just talk to Alexa and ask her to turn on the light or smart plug if she's at home, but if she's out and wants the plug to switch on (e.g. for a slow cooker we might have plugged in) or wants to turn the light on/off remotely, she can't?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Asti

Re: Alexa App - Smart home devices available for more than one user??
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:00:49 am »
It sounds like you and Girl Friend are logged into two different accounts on the Alexa App. Possibly by accident.

Though at the same time, my Alexa App is the "Lead" in you will, so when I open the App I'm always getting prompted for the new things. My Mom who also has the App and is logged into my account, doesn't get the prompts. Could be a limited thing.

To test, I would suggest to go to the Alexa Website. https://www.amazon.co.uk (Please use on a computer, not a phone, as it will load your App). It will likely pull your login information if you have it stored for your Amazon Account on the computer. If you can see the switches there, you should be able to see them on Her phone. At which point I would suggest the possible-ness that the account got switched.

asianrocker

Re: Alexa App - Smart home devices available for more than one user??
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:09:41 am »
sign in to your account in her phone. Or, she can install the app of your specific smart device. My husband installed the hue app on his phone. And he told me he sees the settings  I already installed on MY phone, in HIS phone, from the get go. So I was like, cool.