Echo & Alexa Forums

Happy 2nd Echo owner

DebbieR

Happy 2nd Echo owner
« on: December 31, 2015, 03:04:05 pm »
I got my first Echo when they first became available by invitation, and have loved it. Moved it upstairs to my weaving/hangout room, and it's so nice to get music or the weather or do simple calculations for me. When I saw a good sale around Thanksgiving I asked Santa for a 2nd one - it now resides downstairs in a pass-through between the kitchen and living room. Really enjoyed having one there for music while I was cooking, help with measurements, timers, etc.

These 2 units are pretty far apart, one up and one down, with a spiral staircase between them. But I've discovered Alexa has VERY good hearing - often when I call out a command to the downstairs one from across the room, the upstairs one also responds. I was surprised. I may link the downstairs one to the remote that came with the first one so I can ask for things more quietly, LOL...

fstbusa

Re: Happy 2nd Echo owner
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 03:39:55 pm »
I also got an echo for xmas and found her hearing to be very good.  I can call to her in the living room from my bed and she usually hears me even at a level less than a standard speaking volume.  :o

eroomg

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 04:43:29 pm »
I also have two devices. I use different wake words for each and that keeps them separate devices.  They each do their own thing independently. One I say Alexa for and the other I say Amazon for. Worth a try. 

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 08:46:32 am »
I have two, too and I'm very happy with them. :)
-Paul.

DebbieR

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 09:23:55 pm »
Good idea about using seperate names! I think Echo is a name option now also, I'll probably do that.