Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dot Alexa and inability to find Tunein Stations

wykytara

Echo Dot Alexa and inability to find Tunein Stations
« on: November 29, 2017, 06:01:34 am »
Hi All

Up until about 3 weeks ago, I'd ask Alexa to play Radio X or Radio Y from Tunein and it worked fine. Recently it says "cannot find Radio X or Radio Y on Tunein". examples are "Alexa, Play radio caroline on Tunein" - and it can't find it.

Really annnoying - any ideas (performed the standard things i.e. off, leave for 10 mins, re powerup) no luck

Another really annoying bug is the inability for Alexa to play stations with keywords based on Genre e.g. "Alexa play Zenith Classic Rock from Tunein" ... used to work.. now get I can't play genre based stations ...grrrrrr

Cheers and TIA

strayfish

Re: Echo Dot Alexa and inability to find Tunein Stations
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 06:56:48 am »
Hm. The Radio Caroline request works on mine whether I specify Tunein or not; also Zenith Classic Rock. I'm in the UK, if that helps.

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 11:51:01 am »
I'm in US and both your stations work for me, no problem. Interesting music stations though, LOL. Especially the Caroline, one. Not my kinda though. I listen to PURE 80s music.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 08:31:20 pm »
Hi All

Up until about 3 weeks ago, I'd ask Alexa to play Radio X or Radio Y from Tunein and it worked fine. Recently it says "cannot find Radio X or Radio Y on Tunein". examples are "Alexa, Play radio caroline on Tunein" - and it can't find it.

Really annnoying - any ideas (performed the standard things i.e. off, leave for 10 mins, re powerup) no luck

Another really annoying bug is the inability for Alexa to play stations with keywords based on Genre e.g. "Alexa play Zenith Classic Rock from Tunein" ... used to work.. now get I can't play genre based stations ...grrrrrr

Cheers and TIA
Have you tried using the "Voice Training" option?  It's found in the Alexa app.

If none of the forum suggestions work for you, suggest that you Look at the top of this forum area & look for the "stickie" Amazon Echo Customer Support & do the necessary.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 01:37:36 am »
Look in Alexa app for each device to see what has played that does not play now.  Notice it's name and use that.  Another idea.  Turn off (unplug) both units for five minutes then plug back in.  Try again. Sometimes this can help.