Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Show Non-Responce

brandies

Echo Show Non-Responce
« on: November 28, 2017, 12:25:59 pm »
My Echo Show has times when it recognizes me but will not respond with the given task, other times it recognizes me and performs the given task. I only have it set to not respond(Sleep) from 12:01 am to 6:45am. Does anyone else have this type of problem or a fix for this situation. I do have the newest updates.

Laurel

Re: Echo Show Non-Responce
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 03:39:10 pm »
We have two Echo Shows and they respond well.  Of recent though we are having a hard time telling them to stop playing.  I have reported this to the tech people.  For example, if I have a certain music playing or radio station and say "Alexa stop" it will pause the music and you see it paused on the screen and it doesn't return to home immediately.  It stays paused for a minute and then goes to home. This is new behaviour.

strayfish

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 05:36:34 pm »
Mine don't return to Home unless I tell them. Hm!

Laurel

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 06:59:32 pm »
Tried again with playing music and it is maybe a minute and 10 seconds before returning to home after saying "off or stop".

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 07:08:34 pm »
try saying cancel

Laurel

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 01:36:05 am »
No joy with "cancel" either.  Still does the big pause and returns to home more than a minute after the command. Thanks for the suggestion though.