Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Spot

k9kids

Echo Spot
« on: December 19, 2017, 06:25:10 pm »
What a little jewel.

A very high quality build. The speaker actually sounds very good. Much better than the Dot.

I opted for the swivel base and glad I did. Allows for up/down swivel that aims it to a more natural position.

No disappointments. More features to come as the product evolves.

Added my own background picture which is easy to do from the Alexa app.

Spotify works well and fills the whole screen with album art.

cdnirene

Re: Echo Spot
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 12:20:46 am »
A couple of questions:

- Does the screen stay lit up all the time?

- Do any of the clock face options display larger numbers than are shown in your image?

thrilljunkieuk

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 07:25:33 am »
I must admit I can't decide if I like the spot or not.
Just think the display is so small it's quite limited on what it can be used for, Also I'm not a fan of any of the default clock faces and let's be honest it will spend 90% of it's time being a clock.

It does look good, especially with the stand. I can see this replacing many alarm clocks but is it worth spending the extra £100?

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 03:07:34 pm »
I don't even have wall clocks in my house so this is obviously not for me.

Drwoodr

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 08:36:46 pm »
I am so on the fence about the spot. I actually had a preorder in for one, but canceled it. I currently have a dot sitting in the box, waiting to go on my nightstand. (I got it when they first went down to $30, thinking they would go back to $49, but they are still sitting at $30). I have a digital clock on my nightstand, and the spot would take up less space, and look way nicer (love the OP's photo) than a clock and a dot. But two things are holding me back:

1) Price. Yes, $100 won't break the bank, but it it really worth $100 more than a dot? I think it's way over priced considering it replaces a $20 clock and a $30 dot. I figure it will be $69 in a few months.

2) Battery backup. If the power is out, I assume the spot is out. And not that it happens that often, but with my luck the power will go out the one morning when I need to get up early for a flight or something.

But OP's photo.......

Computerchickwv

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 11:27:43 pm »
Anyone know if they are touch screen? I'm hoping to get one for my son, he loves to listen to podcasts, but I don't know how he can select different episodes without being able to see an episode list and, of course, a touch selection would be nice.

k9kids

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 12:09:22 am »
Touchscreen and full keyboard that works amazingly well.