Echo & Alexa Forums

Set Alarm to use TuneIn or IHeartRadio station?

Set Alarm to use TuneIn or IHeartRadio station?
« on: December 30, 2015, 03:50:18 pm »
Hi,

If I wanted to, can I set the Echo to wake me to a specific TuneIn or IHeartRadio station?

Or is that feature not available yet?

(I don't have my Echo yet so I can't check this for myself).

Update! I asked April from the Love My Echo blog (http://lovemyecho.com) about this and she says it can't be done with the Alexa App, but she says...

RE: wake to music, it's not something that's natively supported but one reader shared an ingenious workaround:

1. Get an alarm clock app that lets you assign whatever audio file you want as the alarm tone (also important: ensure the app can play the alarm file just once instead of looping it over and over till you turn it off).

2. Record yourself saying, "Alexa, play [desired radio station]" and set that as your alarm tone.

3. Set the device with the alarm clock app next to the Echo with the alarm set before you go to bed.

When the alarm sounds, it will wake Alexa and give the command to start playing the radio. 😁

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 07:35:08 pm by PaulKTF »
-Paul.

freeagents

Re: Set Alarm to use TuneIn or IHeartRadio station?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 07:49:32 am »
I was able to accomplish this by using Tasker + Auto input + the Alexa app. Each morning I have autoinput open the Alexa app and play my favorite iHeart station.  ;D

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 11:22:59 am »
I'll look into that. Thanks! :)
-Paul.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 04:47:54 pm »
Tasker sounds like an app name, but what is Auto Input; an app or Alexa control?