Echo & Alexa Forums

When dropping in from dot to dot I can't hang up!

fb1

When dropping in from dot to dot I can't hang up!
« on: November 22, 2017, 09:00:31 am »
I don't know if this was a one time glitch as I've not been home yet to retry but I set up 2 dots and dropped in from one to the other.  It worked fine until it came to the point of hanging up.  I tried "Alexa, hang up" the good old reliable "Alexa, STOP!" and all sorts.  The ring wasn't turning blue with the "Alexa" prompt so obviously she wasn't listening ;)

Any ideas??
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:08:26 am by fb1 »

Re: When dropping in from dot to dot I can't hang up!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 10:28:28 am »
Have you tried "Alexa, Hang up drop in." ? ;)

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 04:39:23 pm »
I just tried Disconnect call and hang up call.  Both work.  Check HELP tab of amazon,com any time you are unsure of what to say for anything!

cmstearns

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 10:45:36 pm »
I have the same issue... We have 2 Dots and 1 Echo device.  the person who initiated the drop-in can say "hang up", but the person on the receiving end can not hang up with any command.  I think this is a bug (certainly hope it is not a design feature..  ;) )   I would certainly like to know if anyone has an idea how to hang-up a drop-in call from the receiving end... Note - We have the latest version of the Alexa app installed, so there should not be a versioning problem.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 12:07:30 pm by cmstearns »

jmqstadler

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 12:15:56 am »
I am having the same issue...no response from Alexa when I ask to hang up.  The green ring continues and my only option is to unplug and restart.