Echo & Alexa Forums

RM Pro 3 not getting added to apps.

Lokesh

RM Pro 3 not getting added to apps.
« on: November 22, 2017, 12:09:52 am »
I recently purchased RM Pro 3 from Aliexpress. I am currently based in India.

Since 3 days I am trying to add RM Pro to Econtrol and IHC app. RM pro gets added in Econtrol app but not visible in the device list and in IHC app it never gets added.

I played with all wifi router settings but still the same no luck at all. If this gets sorted out, linking this to Alexa is another challenge.

Please help.

Lokesh

Re: RM Pro 3 not getting added to apps.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 06:17:03 am »
27 views but no replies...  :'(

Please help.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 08:39:09 am »
27 views but no replies...  :'(

Please help.
Views doesn't necessarily mean People viewing.
It also doesn't mean the people viewing even have a Broadlink  and expecting an answer in less then a day is stretching  things.
Your not missing much not being able to get IHC to recognize Broadlink. Since your in India it is doubtful you'll get the IHC app to work with Alexa anyways.
I've ordered a new RM Broadlink PRO 3 which should be here tomorrow so I'll see what happens when I try to add to IHC.

Lokesh

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 12:03:18 pm »
finally got the device be visible in IHC n Broadlink app...now quest to link with Alexa begins

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 03:58:49 pm »
I was just about to post! ??? ::)
I had a bit of a time also adding it :-[.
Nothing ever is easy anymore is it?
Users out side North America have reported the Alexa skill fails to work unless your devices location is set to the USA.
Also my experience is the Alexa Skill only will allow devices configured as a TV to be seen by Alexa. :(

Lokesh

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 12:55:09 am »
Cool...have tweeted Amazon to open 'Broadlink Remote Control' skill for everyone. Cannot change location to the US as it fetched all details from Amazon account. Changing manually goes into conflict.

Anyways the issue is in my router. Some DHCP setting is not making RM Pro visible in device list. So I tried connecting it through hotspot from my another phone. It worked just fine.

Will post if I am successful linking it to Alexa.

Lokesh

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 02:27:59 am »
@tuiceman: how did add RM Pro to wifi..... I cannot work with hotspot always... need permanent solution

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 06:35:43 am »
Adding to Wi-Fi was a bit of a pain as my instructions don't show the password for the Broadlink SSID.
It failed with out password of coarse but then I reset and tried connecting again to my Wi-Fi and it took ??? ::)
I suppose I could have called the hot line for help with the password for the SSID. With the one I got a year ago I believe I emailed support.
This was the new 2017 model which I figured would have been easier to setup, it wasn't.

Lokesh

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 06:30:40 am »
Ok I also worked out wifi settings. first thing keep wifi name very simple--no special characters. Then try WPA or WEP security protocol. WPA worked for me. Last was unchecking or switching off SSID user isolation setting. Then reboot your router.