Echo & Alexa Forums

Adding linked account for second Harmony Hub

Drwoodr

Adding linked account for second Harmony Hub
« on: November 20, 2017, 04:31:13 pm »
I have a second Harmony hub arriving tomorrow, and I know I can't have 2 hubs on the same echo account, so I plan on setting up a separate Echo dedicated to the second hub in our exercise room. Questions about the second account: 1) does the second accounts need to be linked using the Households program, or can it just be a stand-alone account? 2) I currently have my wife and daughter on the grandfathered prime share program. If I link my wife to my household, will my daughter still be grandfathered into the prime share program for the prime shipping, or does the households program cancel any shared accounts? My daughter is over 18, so a teen account in households is not an option.

Re: Adding linked account for second Harmony Hub
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 06:48:50 pm »
WRONG! Set the new Harmony hub up and use YONOMI app to run both Hubs... all of it will work with ALL Echos in your environment. Look up the app and download it (FREE) and it will do all you need through the hubs... set them up with identical account info too, but NAME THEM differently, such as Living room Hub and Den Hub... or Bedroom hub and Living room hub or whatever you choose to fit your wishes... can even call it Neighbor's hub if you want... The folks at YONOMI will help you if you have any issues getting the system to work with 2 hubs... They're a little slow on response but they've been a great help to me.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Drwoodr

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 07:43:54 pm »
WRONG! Set the new Harmony hub up and use YONOMI app to run both Hubs... all of it will work with ALL Echos in your environment. Look up the app and download it (FREE) and it will do all you need through the hubs... set them up with identical account info too, but NAME THEM differently, such as Living room Hub and Den Hub... or Bedroom hub and Living room hub or whatever you choose to fit your wishes... can even call it Neighbor's hub if you want... The folks at YONOMI will help you if you have any issues getting the system to work with 2 hubs... They're a little slow on response but they've been a great help to me.
With YONOMI, do you have the exact same commands for each hub, or do you have to say "turn on living room tv" and "turn on bedroom tv"? Does "increase volume" work? I'm trying to make this as consistent as I can for my wife, and I believe with separate accounts for each echo, she can use the exact same wording for both harmony hub setups.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 07:34:07 am »
Definitely some minor command differences. Here's the rub though... if there is even the slightest chance that the "other system" can hear the command for the one you're nearest, It will... and you'll be runing two AV systems at once... from a single command.

I highly recommend getting used to the fact you will have to use different commands on each set. It's not that big of a deal once you've trained yourself instead of trying to work around it. I guess you could do a google home device for a second system, or make one of the systems "Alexa" the other "Computer" or "echo" or "bob" or whatever they will allow. Changing the wake word per Dot/Echo would be easier than just using two accounts.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!