Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Alexa echo dot

Twizu

Amazon Alexa echo dot
« on: November 19, 2017, 02:19:23 pm »
Hey, I have a question about Amazon Echo Dot 2. How can I connect to one internet and I want to change it so I can change the network? Please give me a quick and easy answer!  :) ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 12:56:03 pm by Twizu »

Jeff29

Re: Amazon Alexa echo dot
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 03:48:07 pm »
There is only one "internetnetwork."  It's called the Internet.

I am guessing you want to use your device at more than one location.  I haven't tried or experimented with this but from my experience in helping other people with this question it appears Amazon device connection management only stores one connection (vs. a laptop or smartphone where it remembers wifi networks and can even be configured to automatically reconnect when it senses a "known" network signal).

If I'm correct, what this means to users is that, you can connect to one network and then power your device down, restart, and go through the configuration and setup process to connect to a 2nd network.

Here are the instructions to connect the Amazon Echo to wifi:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201549640

Twizu

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 04:18:33 pm »
Thanks  ;D

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 05:17:05 pm »
You can connect your Dot to any number of networks as  Jeff29 stated only one network will be remembered per dot.
I've had one dot connected to my home network then took it to the cottage. On Powering it up again I had to reconfigure it to the router there.
You can have multi dots at different locations all connecting to the same Account.
I have 2 dots a the cottage one is on its own account the other is on the Account with my Home dots.
 ;)

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 07:02:03 pm »
I have connected a Dot anywhere I took it and changed the wifi it connects to and when back home it will reconnect to home wifi again.  It's all in the instructions found  at Amazon HELP tab.

Jeff29

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 01:42:42 am »
I have connected a Dot anywhere I took it and changed the wifi it connects to and when back home it will reconnect to home wifi again.  It's all in the instructions found  at Amazon HELP tab.

HAH!  I *completely* missed that!  Thank you, mike27oct.