Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Show WiFi problem

Chris Hall

Echo Show WiFi problem
« on: November 16, 2017, 06:53:56 pm »
I’m in the UK and received my new Echo Show today. For some reason, it will not connect to my WiFi. I’ve just sold my basic Echo and had no problem with that at all. Also, our other devices such as iPads and iPhones are connected to the WiFi without a problem. I’ve tried restarting the hub but no luck. One odd thing is that my Alexa app is recognising the new Echo Show but I am unable to get past the ‘Cannot connect to WiFi. Check your WiFi settings’ screen on the Show.

Any help will be much appreciated.

strayfish

Re: Echo Show WiFi problem
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 03:23:48 am »
I got mine yesterday and it's up and running without problems. If everything else is connected, it sounds local to the Show so what do you mean by 'restarting the hub', and does this include that old favourite, 'unplug it for at least 5 minutes'?

Chris Hall

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 01:19:52 pm »
Thanks for your response. I’ve been on the phone to Amazon and they think it’s a software problem. They’ve given me a case number and are investigating it. Apparently, I’m not the only one with this problem. I reset the BT Hub with a pin and also tried the unplug and replug thing!

Chris Hall

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 04:16:39 pm »
I’m now set up! I tried setting the device up on the 2nd floor of the house and this has done the trick!

strayfish

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 05:31:42 pm »
I’m now set up! I tried setting the device up on the 2nd floor of the house and this has done the trick!
Interesting! You can relocate it though, now it's connected? It would be a bit of a nuisance if you could only see it upstairs! Did it download a bunch of updates once you got it going? That might have ironed out its glitch.
Pretty innit  :D

Chris Hall

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 05:49:05 pm »
It's now working anywhere in the house. I didn't notice any updates downloading.

strayfish

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 05:12:06 am »
Mine did that as soon as it connected and before it did anything else. maybe you were so pleased it had got itself on the wifi, you didn't notice :)