Echo & Alexa Forums

Drop In between Plus and Dot

Crashmeister

Drop In between Plus and Dot
« on: November 10, 2017, 04:03:01 pm »
I have set both devices to enable drop-in in App/settings.

When I try "drop in Kitchen" it tells me to choose my contact name in the app and enable drop-in. Eh?

How do you choose your contact name? Does it mean the device name?

I've tried both 'ON' and 'Only my household' (whatever that means). Still no luck.

malliekm

Re: Drop In between Plus and Dot
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 06:45:25 pm »
I think I know the answer to this.  If it doesn't help maybe someone else will chime in.  My Drop In is already configured so I'm not exactly sure.  Tap on the speech bubble at the bottom of the page. Tap on the "person" icon at the top of the Coversation/Drop In screen.   Your name should be at the top of the next screen.  Under your name says "My Profile".  Tap your name.  The next screen will have the option of enabling or disabling Drop In.

Crashmeister

Re: Drop In between Plus and Dot
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 10:22:19 am »
I think I know the answer to this.  If it doesn't help maybe someone else will chime in.  My Drop In is already configured so I'm not exactly sure.  Tap on the speech bubble at the bottom of the page. Tap on the "person" icon at the top of the Coversation/Drop In screen.   Your name should be at the top of the next screen.  Under your name says "My Profile".  Tap your name.  The next screen will have the option of enabling or disabling Drop In.

I got hold of support and they told me how to do it. You are correct, you have to select yourself via the chat button.

Given how obscure this setup is, they should have supplied instructions.