Echo & Alexa Forums

Is it possible to call an Echo Dot to Dot

kine97

Is it possible to call an Echo Dot to Dot
« on: October 14, 2017, 06:53:15 pm »
Is it possible to call Dot to Dot at two different households?  I bought one for my children to use in their home for grandchildren to call me, but cant figure out how to set it up right to do, if possible.  It tells me to check my contacts on my Alexa App, but I dont find a selection for CONTACTS on my APP.  I dont want to call from cell phone to Dot...just Dot to dot for my 5 year old granddaughter to call any time she wants.  I need to be more patient, but Im too old for that!

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Jeff29

Re: Is it possible to call an Echo Dot to Dot
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 10:31:12 pm »
Have you set them up and tried?  I know inside my house this works using the drop-in command to "drop-in" on a device which connects two devices via VOIP.  The 1st thing I would try is going to the remote location, setting up the Dot, and calling my home Dot.  I haven't tried this but it may be that easy.  Best of luck!

Drwoodr

Re: Is it possible to call an Echo Dot to Dot
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 02:13:18 pm »
my son-in-law and I looked into doing this for my grandchildren, also. We never did set it up, but did research it a bit. You still need a cell phone number associated with the dot on your grandchildren's end, but then it would be identified as "daughter" or "son-in-law", however you have that number in your phone's contacts that you sync with your dot.