Echo & Alexa Forums

Smart Home devices in a multiple-user Echo

krapik

Smart Home devices in a multiple-user Echo
« on: November 26, 2017, 05:07:58 pm »
Greetings,

Just got the Echo Plus during the Black Friday specials, and set it up with a couple Smart Home devices (an outlet and a Philips Hue bulb).  The devices connected and work fine.  Then I added my wife's Amazon account as a household, and now when she switches the Echo to her profile to play her music, she can't control the Smart Home devices any more.  Checked her Alexa App, and the Smart Home devices that I added do not show up in her Alexa app.  How can I have it so that she can control the lights and listen to her music and I can control the same lights and listen to my music?  Can't find a way in the Alexa app.

Thanks!

Modified:
Of course, she can tell the Echo to switch to my account and then control the lights, but it's cumbersome and not obvious, and she is not technical. So it's not "easy" for her.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:09:45 pm by krapik »

asianrocker

Re: Smart Home devices in a multiple-user Echo
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 04:22:36 am »
Have her install hue app. Once she installs it, whatever lights you have programmed will show in that installed app. I know coz that's what happened to my husband when he installed hue app on his phone. Now have her to discover devices in her alexa app. NOT via voice, but through the alexa app.  Hopefully your programmed lights will show on her alexa app.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:25:30 am by asianrocker »