Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Can Alexa be setup so that when it firsts hears my voice

mocnarf

Can Alexa be setup so that when it firsts hears my voice
« on: November 10, 2017, 11:48:29 pm »
Can Alexa be setup so that when Alexa firsts hears my voice in the morning that Alexa would voice a greeting to me such as:  "Good morning, Joe, would you like to hear the weather report or news headlines?"

malliekm

Re: Can Alexa be setup so that when it firsts hears my voice
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 12:10:22 am »
Yes.  Open settings and scroll down to Flash Briefing and make your selections.  It can also tell you the traffic and calendar events.  These are also configured under Settings.

mocnarf

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 12:23:46 am »
Yes.  Open settings and scroll down to Flash Briefing and make your selections.  It can also tell you the traffic and calendar events.  These are also configured under Settings.

Will Alexa do this automatically when she senses me in the room.  Or, do I have to initiate the conversation?  Can Alexa recognize the person speaking to her by the sound of the person's voice?

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 01:01:12 am »

Will Alexa do this automatically when she senses me in the room.  Or, do I have to initiate the conversation?  Can Alexa recognize the person speaking to her by the sound of the person's voice?

you gotta wake alexa up before doing anything

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 01:08:58 am »

Will Alexa do this automatically when she senses me in the room?

:o  Now it's getting a little weird!  I'm selling all my AIs if that ever happens!  No, probably not.  We'll be well conditioned by Big Brother by then. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 06:38:59 am »

Maybe in 10 or 20 years. In a way, it is possible to do this now. But the big issue is how does an AI know if you're talking to it or talking to someone else? If you never talk to anyone else then the AI could respond to anything you say without using a wake word.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:40:51 am by jwlv »

asianrocker

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 10:29:25 am »
Maybe it can be done with a smart sensor. It can't recognize the person specifically though. But right now the voice recognition is active.

Jeff29

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 04:51:03 pm »
Maybe it can be done with a smart sensor. It can't recognize the person specifically though. But right now the voice recognition is active.

There's voice recognition???

malliekm

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 05:19:29 pm »
Alexa doesn't have multi-user capabilities?