When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Compatible Lights and Switches for Philips Hue?

GA

Compatible Lights and Switches for Philips Hue?
« on: November 09, 2017, 01:51:36 pm »
Trying to find a compatible wall dimmer switch that will work with Philips Hue; does anyone know if they exist, and if so, what brand and model? I am also looking for compatible lights, I believe Cree, and GE may work, but not sure. If anyone has any connected to their Hue please respond. Thanks in advance

Re: Compatible Lights and Switches for Philips Hue?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 02:55:49 pm »
I have both ge and cree bulbs and both will work with hue.  I looked it up a while back when I started having issues with wink.  those issues have since gone away so never did switch over.  besides, I hate using that hue app.  just don't like the interface and the way you have to set things up. 

Offline kevb

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 08:57:46 am »
Philips makes a switch, it is battery operated so it can be placed anywhere. I have a couple. They are ~ $20 - $25. You might even find them at a retail store near you.  http://www2.meethue.com/en-us/p/hue-dimmer-switch/046677458140

GA

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 12:56:01 pm »
Thanks for the responses. I am thinking about trying Cree. I can get them at the local Home Depot. On the switch response. I was looking for an in wall dimmer switch, you know the kind you have to wire up. I do have the Philips Dimmer switch. I purchased that one thinking it was a in wall replacement, my stupid mistake, but it is a nice remote for the bulbs. I ended up not doing a dimmer and purchased a NewRice Wifi Switch. $24.00. I am still going to get a dimmer switch, just not sure which one. I wanted to stay with one or two vendors and didn't want a bunch of Hubs. The NewRice, doesn't need a hub and works, so far, pretty good. Thanks for your response.

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 02:19:50 pm »
Thanks for the responses. I am thinking about trying Cree. I can get them at the local Home Depot. On the switch response. I was looking for an in wall dimmer switch, you know the kind you have to wire up. I do have the Philips Dimmer switch. I purchased that one thinking it was a in wall replacement, my stupid mistake, but it is a nice remote for the bulbs. I ended up not doing a dimmer and purchased a NewRice Wifi Switch. $24.00. I am still going to get a dimmer switch, just not sure which one. I wanted to stay with one or two vendors and didn't want a bunch of Hubs. The NewRice, doesn't need a hub and works, so far, pretty good. Thanks for your response.

you said you wanted to stay with one or two venders, I would suggest two or three venders in case one pulls out of the smart home market.  I have been burned in the past when I originally went with tcp connected only.  they pulled out of the market and I was stuck with about 20 smart home bulbs that would no longer work with the echo or remotely. 

It got expensive to replace all of those bulbs.  I now use three different companies so if something does happen to one, it won't be as expensive.