Echo & Alexa Forums

Story Speaker

malliekm

Story Speaker
« on: November 09, 2017, 12:06:27 am »
Story Speaker lets anyone create talking, interactive stories with no coding required. Just write your story in a Google Doc, push a button, and every Google Home device linked to your account can play it, instantly.
https://experiments.withgoogle.com/voice/story-speaker
This could be fun to do with or for kids or grandkids :)

strayfish

Re: Story Speaker
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 03:21:12 am »
Might have a go at that - thanks!

malliekm

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 02:36:04 pm »
I typed a quick story using Story Reader.  Thought I could just skip the Basic template and strike out on my own (reading no directions)  ::)  I got close!  Got all the wrinkles ironed out but one and couldn't finish the story so that it would read on GH.  With tail tucked, I opened a Basic template and was successful in creating a story.  Every now and then I discover I'm not as smart as my parents think I am LOL
This is uber cool tho and can't wait to incorporate some stories I used to tell the babies and have them read on GH.  AND, I'm sure they'll make up some stories too.

strayfish

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 05:38:20 pm »
I had a go too (I did use the template!) and then had a complete fiasco getting GH to play it. Darned thing would list my stories (story) then when invited to name the story I wanted, said it couldn't find the story so could I say it again or ask for the list. Round and round we went until finally, by saying 'tell my story' it did. I'm going to have to make my tales a whole lot more exciting if it's going to take that much effort to play them! Bit of a buzz though, isn't it? :)

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 07:13:18 pm »
It is!  I'm sure once you create a couple of stories you'll remember what you need to say or do to get it to work the first time.  The creator sure made it look super simple LOL  Grandson is in south Texas deer hunting.  I should create a story with different scenarios...a) he shot a 16 pt buck, b) he missed :o LOL

strayfish

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 03:06:35 am »
I like that he misses!  ;D
Trial and error, yes. And maybe having more than one story helps in that it has to go by the story title. In my case, I only have one so 'tell my story' gives it no choices - ironic really!

malliekm

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 12:45:04 pm »
Strayfish, the only way he'll find that story amusing is if he didn't miss LOL  I wish I could call my son in law and see if they've gotten anything yet but there is NO cell service where they are.

strayfish

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 01:30:51 pm »
I'd probably rather not know  ;D

malliekm

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 01:47:34 pm »
Totally understand!  It's not for everyone.  It's not for me but I live in Texas and it's part of the culture of the Wild West.  If I want to maintain my "best Grammuffy EVER" status, I have to be enthusiastic about the things he loves...huntin' and fishin' 

strayfish

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 05:37:21 pm »
Haha - I'd die, I'm verging on vegan!