Echo & Alexa Forums

MUSIC SHUT DOWN

Armor LTC

MUSIC SHUT DOWN
« on: November 04, 2017, 02:00:40 pm »
Recently Ihave instructed my Echo to, on one occasion, to “play my music”....the music was playing when I left home, however upon returning 2 hours later, the music had stopped playing.  Same situation except this time the music request was for a Pandora station.  Same scenario, returned  3 hours later to find the music off.

Am I missing something or has something changed where music will only play for a certain period of time?  Have also has similar problem using two sleep sounds skills that are supposed to play continuously but not on my Echo.

Anyone out there have any thoughts, ideas, solutions?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 06:35:17 pm by Armor LTC »

k9kids

Re: MUSIC SHUT DOWN
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 04:54:19 pm »
Maybe the cat doesn't like your style of music. LOL!

orange

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 05:14:59 am »
I find this pretty common/normal.  I use tunein to listen to the radio most of the day and it often stops for no reason - or pauses.  I assume a bit of network congestion meant it dropped out and Alexa gave up on trying to reconnect. 

Maybe in your case it did a firmware update.  Either way it's not at all unusual in my experience.

Jeff29

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 07:36:48 pm »
So having frequently experienced this issue myself I contacted Amazon support.  I've noticed this happening overnight almost every night and can only remember waking up to music on one occasion.

Support (being normally onerous) was somewhat simplified as given the other issues I've had Amazon has it documented that I have reset my devices almost every day for the past week.  This meant, when they started with "you need to reset your device" and "you need to restart your device" which they will tell you to do even though they do not yet understand your concern, I was able to say "look at my history I have reset and restart my devices almost every day and you have that documented."  This quickly got me to a ticket.

Amazon Ticket #0130071358 -- if you have problems with music suddenly stopping for no reason and especially if it's with TuneIn please open a ticket with Amazon support and reference this ticket #--it might even save you some of the initial troubleshooting as you can say it's not device-specific (or user-specific) given you have seen other users with the exact same problem who have restarted, reset, and opened a ticket.