Echo & Alexa Forums

Unable to configure device language. Error 15:1:26:0:2

scvinod

Unable to configure device language. Error 15:1:26:0:2
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:26:09 am »
Hello Everyone,
I bought the Amazon Echo Dot from the US. I'm trying to set it up in India but I'm getting an error saying "Unable to configure device language.
Error 15:1:26:0:2."

Could anyone help me in resolving this. Thanks.

gauravrungta

Re: Unable to configure device language. Error 15:1:26:0:2
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 05:45:14 pm »
Same Issue.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 06:05:54 pm »
Look at the top of this forum area & look for the "stickie" Amazon Echo Customer Support & do the necessary.

joeykj

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 11:07:06 am »
Hello Everyone,
I bought the Amazon Echo Dot from the US. I'm trying to set it up in India but I'm getting an error saying "Unable to configure device language.
Error 15:1:26:0:2."

Could anyone help me in resolving this. Thanks.

I too have a Echo that was gifted from a friend in the US and I find it difficult to setup in India even though Amazon India now officially has announced the Alexa app on the playstore. It continues to give the same error code - Error 15:1:26:0:2...Can someone help?

Priyajain

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 03:54:44 am »
Same issue! Can someone help ?

smileplzz

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 02:16:25 am »
You have to do it in multiple steps:

1) Download app from Indian IOS app store
2) Go to 'Add a new device' section of app
3) It will give you option of selecting language - Select 'English (Indian)'. Follow the steps - in the end it will give an error '15:1:26:0:2'. But it will say that language will be downloaded to device (dont worry - it will download when you follow below steps).
4) Login into your Amazon account on browser. Go to 'Manage Your Content and Devices' and in settings, change country to US. You might have to create a dummy US address for this if no US address set in your address list. Create any US address.
5) Restart the process of connecting echo dot with your app but use 'English (US)' as your default app langauge. It will take your through process of connecting your echo dot with your home wifi. You will be able to do things on app as US Resident now - play songs etc or get weather updates. Once wifi is enabled, device will download langauge pack on device on own in 30 minutes.
6)  Deregister echo dot from your app.
7) Change country settings in your amazon account back to India.
8) Go through connection process again of app with Echo dot but select 'English (India)' now and you will be able to connect to Amazon India account. You will be able to see Indian skills as well.

asianrocker

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 06:55:00 am »
Took a month for them to figure a workaround huh? I was gonna say the gifter probably bought it on amazon and amazon automatically links their US amazon account on the device. But glad someone found a workaround.

But the key step is to deregister. And it takes extra 5 steps for you to acces it. Wow.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 07:01:09 am by asianrocker »

Rtrain

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 10:48:21 pm »
Just a note for others trying to do this. It did not work with my iPad or iphone Alexa App however it worked fine with my laptop. Desktop won't unless you have a wireless card.
My Echo Dot was purchased in the US and I registered it in Canada.
Thanks Smileplzz

3) It will give you option of selecting language - Select 'English (Indian)'. Follow the steps - in the end it will give an error '15:1:26:0:2'. But it will say that language will be downloaded to device (dont worry - it will download when you follow below steps).
4) Login into your Amazon account on browser. Go to 'Manage Your Content and Devices' and in settings, change country to US. You might have to create a dummy US address for this if no US address set in your address list. Create any US address.
5) Restart the process of connecting echo dot with your app but use 'English (US)' as your default app langauge. It will take your through process of connecting your echo dot with your home wifi. You will be able to do things on app as US Resident now - play songs etc or get weather updates. Once wifi is enabled, device will download langauge pack on device on own in 30 minutes.
8) Go through connection process again of app with Echo dot but select 'English (India)' now and you will be able to connect to Amazon India account. You will be able to see Indian skills as well.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:27:15 am by Rtrain »

rbagchi

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 11:25:25 am »

It worked for me. I received an echo dot 2nd generation as a gift from my brother in USA. One nagging question I had at that time was whether this would screw with my prime & kindle accounts. As it turns out, the switch from India -> USA & USA -> India was smooth. However, the language is still english (united states). It doesn't matter it seems. Skills from India are available.