Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon echo plus. + hue bulb. wont connect. SOLVED

Lee Storm

Amazon echo plus. + hue bulb. wont connect. SOLVED
« on: October 30, 2017, 06:50:23 am »
Hi gang,
Just had the new echo plus delivered, with the hue bulb included.

It's not finding any lights in discover devices and ive also done the "reset philips hue light" bit too.
Echo is connected to the wifi perfectly fine and works lovely.  I just cant get it to connect to the hue bulb.
According to the sales, I dont need a hue hub as echo plus has it built in.

Solved:
I was using the iphone IOS app, then switched to the PC alexa connection, both failing to find devices.
Then I thought, heres a silly idea, ask Echo to find them.

Bingo, one HUE light and two INNR lights found within seconds.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 10:38:32 am by Lee Storm »

samsethi

Re: Amazon echo plus. + hue bulb. wont connect. SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 04:19:45 am »
Thanks Lee.  Getting mine today.  Already have 3 dots and 1 echo.  I wonder if you have updated the iOS app and if that would help with discovery via the app.

MarkatPalms

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 03:23:33 am »
We have several hue lamps dotted around the house and I can see them via the Hue app but the new echo plus doesn't appear to find them. I haven't tried removing the Philips hub yet though.

Mal Nichol

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 04:30:42 am »
Try logging out of Amazon account in Alexa App. Reboot all devices then log back into your account. This worked for me. Or yes make sure App is up to date.

stewarta13wsb

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 05:33:57 pm »
New Echo Plus won't connect to free Hue bulb that came with it from Amazon.
Tried all the steps above, downloaded the app again to update - no change. Signed out and back in - no change.
The Echo can't discover any new devices/bulbs.
The lamp won't reset using the help routine on the APP.

Help needed please.... :'(

tu1kfos1

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 12:36:07 am »
Here is the only way I could get all of my devices to connect again after i tried making some changes and screwed it up..At one time I had 4 Hue bulbs and my thermostat connected.

I went to the Smart Home and clicked each device, 1 at a time. After I clicked the device, I hit Edit in top right, then pressed the trash can to delete the device. After all my devices were deleted, I did a hard reset by pressing a paper clip in the reset hole on the bottom of the Echo plus for 8 seconds. At 8 seconds, a chime is audible to verify reset. Then I did the initial setup again to connect to my wifi. Then from the Smart Home screen I tapped the question mark with a circle around it in the top right corner and scrolled down to RESET PHILLIPS HUE LIGHT. I clicked that and entered the light bulb serial number and pressed continue. It reset my light and was able to discover it. I had to do the same process of resetting and discovering for each bulb.

Now all my bulbs and thermostat work!!

Good luck

Bobandlibby@gmail.com

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 10:34:02 pm »
Here is the only way I could get all of my devices to connect again after i tried making some changes and screwed it up..At one time I had 4 Hue bulbs and my thermostat connected.

I went to the Smart Home and clicked each device, 1 at a time. After I clicked the device, I hit Edit in top right, then pressed the trash can to delete the device. After all my devices were deleted, I did a hard reset by pressing a paper clip in the reset hole on the bottom of the Echo plus for 8 seconds. At 8 seconds, a chime is audible to verify reset. Then I did the initial setup again to connect to my wifi. Then from the Smart Home screen I tapped the question mark with a circle around it in the top right corner and scrolled down to RESET PHILLIPS HUE LIGHT. I clicked that and entered the light bulb serial number and pressed continue. It reset my light and was able to discover it. I had to do the same process of resetting and discovering for each bulb.

Now all my bulbs and thermostat work!!

Good luck

I just tried your suggestion of using a paper clip to reset my Echo Plus and reconnecting it before attempting to rediscover my Hue bulb and it worked!  Thank you so much.