Echo & Alexa Forums

Anymote Home

gsuemnic

Anymote Home
« on: October 27, 2017, 09:00:13 am »
I'm thinking about getting any Anymote Home to use with my Echo dot to control my TV and cable box or should I look for an old phone with an IR blaster to use with the Anymote app ? 
 Does anyone have either  configuration working ?

celticfan1888

Re: Anymote Home
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 03:06:56 am »
Harmony smarthub works better the anymote is not as good and the smarthub supports more devices look on youtube to see it working with alexa

gsuemnic

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 05:36:09 pm »
Harmony smarthub works better the anymote is not as good and the smarthub supports more devices look on youtube to see it working with alexa

The bad thing with Harmony is that it rememvbers the device on/off state, which causes issues when Alexia doesn't process a command

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 01:02:32 pm »

The bad thing with Harmony is that it rememvbers the device on/off state, which causes issues when Alexia doesn't process a command

The bad thing is the Harmony Hub cannot summon Status of each item, as there is no return info communication from them since they only RECEIVE signals from the Hub. The Hub only remembers where things were last time it communicated and assumes it is in the same place it left it on last communication. More and More devices are using WIFI for communication or bluetooth, so eventually all will need no hub at all. BUt for now, the BEST I have seen so far seems to be The Logitech Harmony Hub, and the Samsung Smart Things Hub... both are stellar products for the given situations.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!