Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

New to the Forum with a popular problem, Hue & Alexa

New to the Forum with a popular problem, Hue & Alexa
« on: October 27, 2017, 01:54:59 pm »
Hi All,

I have been searching for the past two nights and all this morning for the answer to this. I think I might have made it worse.

Problem: Alexa does not detect my Hue Hub. I have a V2 Hub and an Echo, all purchased new this year. I had it all set up and working. I woke up yesterday and could not get the lights to function.

I checked my phone and all devices (Alexa, Hub and Harmony) are online. I have been using the phone to work the lights since.

I tell Alexa "turn on the tv" and she communicates with Harmony, and works fine.

I tried to detect the hub (many times) with no luck.

I power cycles both devices and tried to discover with no luck.

I tried moving the hub and Alexa in the same room as the router, all the same network, everything works except hue and alexa.

I tried clearing all (5) bulbs from the profile and clearing all actions / memory. Deleted and reinstalled the apps. No luck.

I can access the Hue Hub from my laptop, as well as Alexa so it is not a network issue. Everything is online.

I'm lost and there is no real tech type support.

Help?

Kris

Re: New to the Forum with a popular problem, Hue & Alexa
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 11:48:11 am »
Only thing I can think of, which may or may not work, is to try doing a master reset on the hub. On the bottom of the hub is a little tiny hole, inside that hole is a button. When I had to do it I used a toothpick to push it. In my case it was because the hub wouldn't discover a new bulb I had bought. Note-this will scramble the bulb numbers. For example, prior to the reset I had bulbs 1,2,3 in my living room, 4 and 5 in the hallway, etc. After the reset they were all jumbled and now it's more like 1.8, 12 in the living room, 2 and 15 in the hallway, etc. It was a major pita to figure out which numbers corresponded to which bulbs and which groups they belonged in.