Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa app update

Chris

Alexa app update
« on: October 27, 2017, 03:40:08 am »
Since the latest update for IOS the app will simply bomb out when I select the Smart Home menu item.
The only way it seems to resolve is to log out and log in again.

Anyone with similar experience?

Re: Alexa app update
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 07:50:34 am »
Running iOS 11.0.3 (mmost current for mine I suppose) on an iPhone 6. Works fine (and has the "forget" buttons on each line in smart home scenes)...

I know this is of no help to the conversation, but I've noticed the iOS 11 has some glitches. My company uses a web based Time management system for payroll and robbery of it's employees... (Trust me it skews HEAVILY in their favor)... Everyone in the building can sign on using their mobile device... iPhones and Android alike. I don't even have the option on my App... using the same app version as he person next to me... the Punch option for clocking in/out is flat out missing on mine. Completely weird stuff.

I suspect this is the kind of thing you're having issue with. It probably has something to do with a totally unrelated App that uses a single piece of hardware in the phone, such as Geofencing may be the issue on mine, since their app uses geofencing, and I have another app that uses it also... They don't want you clocking in from home. The Smart Tstat I have allows me to set up and use Location distance and all to control certain aspects of my Air conditioning system.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Chris

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 09:34:39 am »
Ok. Thanks. I am running iOS 10.3.3 on an iPhone 5.
I do not have the option to upgrade to the latest IOS as the phone is to old.
Maybe this is my problem. Alexa has now updated their app beyond my iOS?

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 12:17:21 pm »
Ok. Thanks. I am running iOS 10.3.3 on an iPhone 5.
I do not have the option to upgrade to the latest IOS as the phone is to old.
Maybe this is my problem. Alexa has now updated their app beyond my iOS?

it requires ios 9 or later so it should work.   

Chris

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 07:27:42 am »
Both my iPhone and iPad show the same malady.
Strange. Got a canned response from Amazon. Useless.
Well, I do not have to use the smart home section every day, so if needed I can log out and log in to use.
At least it helps in order to remember my Alexa password!

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 08:01:38 am »
OP I don't get why you control your smart home on Alexa app especially if it kicks you out. Isn't the point of echo is to voice control everything?

Looks like you just need to rediscover your smart devices. That's what I would do.

Why don't you just use your smart home app instead of via Alexa app. I use my nest app to control it if I don't feel like talking to Alexa. LOL.

What I noticed on mine is if my browser is open when I use Alexa app my browser freezes. I think it has more to do with my sh-itty phone though more than anything.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:14:04 am by asianrocker »