Echo & Alexa Forums

Sound of internal echo dot speaker worse after disconnecting bluetooth

Matthy

After disconnecting my echo dot from a bluetooth speaker the internal speaker sounds quite bad. The sound quality suddenly is more like a phone line. A thin sound like out of a tin can. After resetting (power cycling) the echo dot the sound is good again until I connect and disconnect bluetooth again. I experience the issue since a few days on both my echo dots that are connecting to different bluetooth speakers. So it looks like a general issue. I even assume it's a bug that came with firmware version 591452520.
Did anybody experience the same issue?

raa

Re: Sound of internal echo dot speaker worse after disconnecting bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 02:13:57 pm »
I have exactly the same problem.  (I didn't realize it was related to bluetooth connect/disconnect, but I just confirmed that it is!).  Some people might not notice the change in sound quality--but it is driving me crazy!
Sorry, but I have no clue how to fix it...

Matthy

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 06:25:08 am »
I think the only fix is a new software update from Amazon. I already called tech support and I can only encourage you to also report the problem.

Mopheus

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 06:14:37 pm »
I have 2 echo dot's and BOTH have this same problem. After disconnecting from BT it sounds like an old AM Radio, I have to reboot them to get back to normal.

Not sure when it started, but not long ago for sure.

I tried to talk via CHAT with some guy in Amazon (India I think), and was not able to even understand the problem.... hope someone has better luck than me to report this, cause this guy gave me a 15% discount... not sure WHAT he understood but for sure, not the problem. :( Of course, I can't replace both with that discount and I'm not even the US so.... hope they fix this.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 04:06:16 pm »
Has anyone found a fix for this. At first I thought it was my imagination that the sound quality of the echo dot had degraded but after a while I realised that it definitely had. Then I thought the internal speaker was bust until I found this thread and after doing a reset on the echo dot it's back to normal quality.

It's really quite annoying as I connect to my sound bar to play music but after disconnecting the internal speaker sounds awful.

Mopheus

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 10:49:13 am »
I couldn't and Amazon India support says they give me a 15% discount to buy a NEW ECHO ! I told them BOTH my Echo Dots are having the same problem, and after reboot it get's fixed and seems they do not understand..... Amazon support is very fast but they really do NOT understand, they just follow procedures. Someone with better English than me should report this to see if they have better luck cause it's a shame... it's not hardware, that's for sure, but I don't see a way to make them understand and acknoledge the issue at least.

Hope we get this fixed soon.... it's driving me crazy too.

Matthy

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 09:39:58 am »
Has anybody heard anything new about this issue? The problem still exists even in the most current firmware.

Charlesmichelt

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 06:31:24 pm »
The same happening here. The sound of Echo dot has changes for a bad AM Radio sound after connecting to BT. Can’t even connect to Bt anymore. It says : problems of pairing or somethingg like that.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 05:37:22 pm »
Disconnect your DOT  for 15 minutes.  See if that resolves the issue.

Matthy

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 07:10:44 am »
The buggy behaviour is still present even after a factory reset. I can reproduce the bug on different Echo Dots with different bluetooth receivers.