Echo & Alexa Forums

Unable to forget all devices using new iOS app? Is there another way?

ahwman

I used to be able to simply forget all devices from within the iOS Amazon Alexa app, however that function is now gone.  I now can only disable devices which doesn’t remove them and now I have duplicates of devices that no longer exist.

Why ow why did Amazon take away this functionality?  Please tell me there is another way to accomplish this...

GoonerJed

Re: Unable to forget all devices using new iOS app? Is there another way?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 12:47:30 pm »
Having the same issue, duplicates of all lights (Phillips). Reset the Bridge to factory default, same with the Echo, even deleted the app and all data on my iPhone, when I reinstalled the app on my iPhone it asked if I was user X, which I was (I'm not really user X, that's just for publishing purposes :-P ) I confirmed, and the app had all the duplicates, so  the app maintains these devices on the Amazon server somewhere, one would surmise. I just want to delete everything, then start adding them one at a time to rid the duplicate issue.....

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 01:22:58 pm »
This question has been asked and answered several times already on this site!
A forum search would have revealed the answer which is to use the web Page not the app to forget devices.
https://alexa.amazon.com

GoonerJed

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 01:40:23 pm »
tuicemen
I did search "Deleting lights from Echo phillips hue" also several other permutations, and nothing I could see that was pertaining to my issue popped up, sorry if I have done something terribly wrong to warrant large red letters! But thanks for the link, didn't know about this site, now I can set about sorting it out, thank you! I had no idea of its existence. By the way, when searching websites you get an inordinate amount of "Hits" sometimes far too many for one to see "The wood for the Trees", was it such a HUGE effort to paste the link in? Anyway thanks again for your info, guess I wont dare ask a question on here again lest I upset the forum gurus!

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 02:18:01 pm »
@Goonerjed
I'm sorry if my response upset you it wasn't my intention.

Posting Questions doesn't upset most users on this site.
The reasons for the red lettering was so others Know the site has a search function and to at least attempt using it, thus the reason I posted the link afterwards.
since you searched delete... and not forget... could be a reason for not finding the other related threads.