Echo & Alexa Forums

Stream music from Spotify to another device

The_Lid

Stream music from Spotify to another device
« on: October 25, 2017, 06:17:54 am »
I've got my new Echo Dot and have got most things working.  I can stream music from Spotify to the Dot itself and have the audio play either through the internal speaker or through the audio jack on my amplifier.  The former sounds rubbish and the latter is not convenient because I don't leave my amp on all the time and I don't want Alexa's voice coming through the amp.

So I want to stream to "something else" on the Network.  I have a Google Audiocast, a Sony BluRay player and a Denon Amp with media player inbuilt.

Can I get any of these to work?

If not, any suggestions for another device with either HDMI or preferably audio jack?

Thanks

GA

Re: Stream music from Spotify to another device
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 12:13:36 pm »
I have my Echo bluetooth connected to a Belkin adapter in the room, which is connected to some altec lansing PC speakers. I also have a TP-Link Bluetooth adapter connected to a boombox 3.5mm input jack in the shop. It works for me, and the cost of the adapters wasn't much. I have a Audio Amp with Bluetooth so If I want to use the Amp instead of the Echo for music I can connect to above mentioned via Bluetooth. I hope this helped.

The_Lid

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 03:11:16 am »
Thanks, that's definitely worth looking into.

Do you have your echo connected to the two bluetooth devices at the same time?

Or do you have to switch between devices when you want to use your Audio Amp?

Thanks

GA

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 08:54:29 pm »
Yes, only one BT device, and yes I have to switch devices when using amp.