Echo & Alexa Forums

Google Home Mini is in The House!

malliekm

Google Home Mini is in The House!
« on: October 18, 2017, 07:23:58 pm »
But how can that be some might ask???  It's not Oct 19th...the official release date of the Mini.   
And by the time mine was set up (in 3 minutes) the firmware disabling the top tap function was
already updated.  One sweet looking donut that provides both form and function.  Bought the black.
Some on YT noted that the lights were seen easier on the black than the light gray.

malliekm

Re: Google Home Mini is in The House!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 09:47:14 pm »
...and the sound is amazing for such a tiny speaker.  Super impressed.  It replaced the Dot in the kitchen.  The only thing I don't like about it over the Dot is the list feature.  The Dot's list is on my phone, connection or no connection.  GH's list is on line.  I'll have to see if that's going to be an issue or find an app that doesn't require a connection.  Now to use the $25 credit for buying it from WM on line and buy one for my sister.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 02:17:04 pm »
for your list, maybe try the sharing feature and send it to yourself via email

malliekm

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 02:47:15 pm »
Thanks renegade but I found a solution that works like Alexa.  It works off line (local on my phone).  The Google Express app overrides Google's shopping list (which is cloud based).  I don't have to indicate Google Express when adding to the shopping list.  My shopping list needs are minimal.  You can share the list but I don't need to do that.  If I need DH to pick up something, I just text him.