Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

FireHD 10 Fun

FireHD 10 Fun
« on: October 14, 2017, 10:09:42 pm »
Well, I broke down and bought my wife an HD 10 today and got it home after an exhausting shopping day, and found out something really cool. It Doesn't ship with Alexa Hands Free software/app... It shipped wit a slightly oder version of operating system and had to update to 5.5.0.0.0 before I could run Alexa Hands Free. It's a very nice little tablet for the money. Has a Great picture, decent sound (not for music really, but decent sound for a tablet), and since I alread pay for all the prime goodies I haven't been using, we will be able to use the Prime reading stuff now and download some books and enjoy that as well. Also It's like a Show, and pops up web searches if you like as too.

Main reason to post is to let everyone know... if you buy one for whatever your motive, make sure and go intosettings and download the new updated software so you can do Hands free Alexa.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

asianrocker

Re: FireHD 10 Fun
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 10:17:36 pm »
Well that explains why there was no Alexa answer when I test all those tablet on best buy. It also confirm it works like the show.

malliekm

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 10:20:05 pm »
Don't forget to update your signature :)
Did you buy it to use it like the Show? Is this the tablet that was being discussed recently as to whether it can be an alternative to the Show?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:06:08 am by malliekm »

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 11:44:44 pm »
I read they locked out some feature that's only for the show.

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 10:14:06 am »
Wors pretty good so far... my wife has been having a ball with it, just asking for recipes and stuff... I was concerned she wouldn't use it, and I'd end up giving it to her mother as a Kindle Reader... We bought a 7 inch fire tablet for her Father... which we're not sure he can use as his hands tremble crazy... he's 82 years old though... A Smart phone is too much for him to operate in some ways... So we shall see come Christmas how things work out. We Try and get ahead of the Christmas rush gift buying thing every year.Sometimes we do good... this year looks pretty good.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!