whats this code please??
« on: October 14, 2017, 03:59:55 am »
can anyone tell me what this code means Error 10:1:21:3:1
I BOUGHT AN ECHO BUT THIS IS ON THE SET SCREEN
THANKS

Offline jwlv

Re: whats this code please??
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:30:32 am »
Just a guess, but I think the code means to send it back to Amazon for a replacement.

strayfish

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 07:22:27 am »
I googled it and there was nothing so what jwlv said.

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 03:05:43 pm »
you will have to call customer service for help with this. 

asianrocker

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 03:18:22 pm »
I googled and the code that kinda look like yours supposedly mean it's reported lost or stolen? Did you buy it used or something?

It's kinda illuminating though that echo is like a smartphone.  I guess that's Amazon's code for google locked or google verify on smartphones.

chrisarvor

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 12:00:33 am »
Hi  yes i bought it from Ebay as wont connect to Wifi
i will try to contact customer support

asianrocker

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 06:35:49 pm »
Well then I am guessing you bought a stolen echo.  :-X Or the owner did not deregister their account on that echo which honestly I believe is stupid. So that error is really like the google verify lock on smartphones. But why would anyone not erase their info on any device they sell?

Maybe try to connect to a public wifi. I know you can't connect to public wifi before but apparently you can now as far as I know. Then if you're successful deregister the account that you see in there. That's the only solution I can think of. If you don't see any registered account then try and put your info in there.

flev

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 10:58:38 am »
The same thing happened to me when I bought a Dot from Ebay. I contacted Amazon and they could have helped me if I had the serial number. However, I contacted the seller requesting the serial number and he supplied me with some number but it was not the serial number. I felt I was doomed to be stuck with a useless device, but I contacted Ebay and the seller once more and it was resolved by the seller giving me a refund as he could not help me with the correct serial number.

asianrocker

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 10:34:23 pm »
Serial numbers are usually at the bottom, right? It's not there?

Wow echo has a lock code huh. Makes sense maybe there are a lot of theft on echo devices.

Which means you can't sell used echos?

chrisarvor

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 11:43:16 pm »
of course you can sell used echo's are you weird or something,,,

malliekm

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 12:52:24 am »
I'm going to sell two of my three Dots.  Keeping one because it keeps me informed of my Amazon purchases and because mom and dad have two.  We message thru them a few times a week.  Just need to be sure and deregister them.  I don't see a serial number on the device it's self but it's listed under each device in the Alexa app.  Wish I'd kept the boxes!  I'll buy one more GH Mini...2 Minis, 2 full size GH and 1 Dot.  Perfect :)

chrisarvor

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 02:13:05 am »
is the gH better than the echo???

malliekm

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 02:27:30 am »
In my opinion, MUCH MUCH  better in every way. 
For $49 buy a Google Home Mini and give it a try. It does everything the original Google Home does. The sound isn't as good as the larger Google Home but it's better than an Echo Dot.  Don't like it, take it back. Nothing to lose  :).

chrisarvor

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 03:14:23 am »
thanks for that  i have to use a UK account and get limited use ,the music is good but other services i cannot get
i will check google cover