Echo & Alexa Forums

Tap Voice Differentiation?

Bo3b

Tap Voice Differentiation?
« on: October 12, 2017, 06:42:16 am »
Are Tap owners to be left out of another Amazon Alexa device family upgrade - This time the new "Voice Differentiation" capabilities? Every article appears to suggest so...

C'mon Amazon - Tap Users want this feature and all others (eg "Calling and Messaging") to keep pace with the ecosystem - We paid for this device expecting full ongoing support and growth.

Other Tap owners and readers of this thread - If you would like your Tap to be a full member of the Alexa family, voice your opinion to Amazon. Don't let the Tap become an unsupported orphan with significant enhancements passing it by!

malliekm

Re: Tap Voice Differentiation?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 12:29:52 pm »
I don't have a Tap but thought surely you were mistaken...but you're not :(  I don't understand why they do this to the Tap.  It should have come with a warning saying you won't get all the cool new features the other devices get :(  If you would be ok with a non-Tap device, I would try to get Amazon to replace it with the regular Echo.  Doesn't hurt to ask and you'll never know until you do.  You wouldn't believe things I've got or changes made by simply asking.  And if the first rep can't help, ask to speak to a supervisor and explain that you had no idea when you bought it that the device wasn't going to be privy to many of the upgrades and as a gesture of good will, you would appreciate the exchange.  A slow southern drawl helps so fake it if you have to ;)  ;D

StevenR

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 12:40:09 pm »
From what I have read regarding this feature you only need one of the supported devices to set up the voice profiles, once you have set up the profiles these will actually work across all Echo devices and also third party Alexa devices so I would assume that this would include the Echo Tap.

malliekm

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 12:57:35 pm »
StevenR, this is where I read about the exclusion of the Amazon Tap and voice profile.  I guess it could be wrong though.
[url]https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/10/11/16460120/amazon-echo-multi-user-voice-new-feature/url]

malliekm