Echo & Alexa Forums

Original GH: 2 for $200.00

malliekm

Original GH: 2 for $200.00
« on: October 09, 2017, 12:14:41 pm »
...at Costco for a savings of $60.  If you're not a Costco member, the Google Store has them for $109.  That's $20 off.

Re: Original GH: 2 for $200.00
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 05:50:15 pm »
or you can get four mini's when they are released on the 19th for the same price  :-)

malliekm

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 06:34:54 pm »
Right you are :) but just like the Echo and the Echo Dot, I distinguish one for music and one not so much... If you're an audiophile  ;)  I already have two original Google Homes for music.
My Google Mini in the kitchen will be more of a Workhorse vs entertainment.  10 MORE DAYS...240 HOURS!!!  :-\
I wish there was a pop-up Google donut shop in Dallas!

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 06:14:45 am »
but if you are able to connect to bluetooth, it would not make a difference  :-)

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 12:18:57 pm »
If I've read right, you can't connect  via BT to a BT speaker but you can use BT to make the Mini a speaker for, like, your phone  ???  Maybe that feature will roll out at a later date.  Personally, that doesn't effect me one way or the other.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 05:11:26 pm »
you could be right, though I could have sworn it was said they would be able to connect to bluetooth speakers   for my use they would not be worth it.  I like connecting to bluetooth speakers, get the sound away from the assistant to make it easier to hear commands when listening to music or news. 

malliekm

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 05:23:25 pm »
renegade, do you have a GH?  It's incredible how well it hears over music and ambient noises.  The Mini is reported to hear even better.  I have whispered into my phone (hey Google) with my GH 6-8 feet away and she hears it!  I'm playing Despacito on my GH at 80%.  I'm 4 feet away.  In a normal tone inside voice, I told Google to stop.  She heard me.  Of course with the music not that loud and across the room, she also hears very well.
I should have my charcoal Mini in my little hot hands on the 19th :D  Are you ordering one?

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 05:31:22 pm »
no gh for me, sticking with the echo.  did help someone setup their gh and found I had to be much closer to it when  giving commands than I do with the echo. 

mike27oct

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 06:17:50 pm »
All these comments are true in some ways, but for me, the fact remains my GHs sound better playing music that the Echo does.  Bith devices have their pros and cons and I like them equally.

BTW, I can say that I have enough AI devices to sink a ship, so not wanting to get a mini.  No more of these little piss ant sized AI devices.  IF I wanted more, I would buy another GH on sale, but two is enough.

malliekm

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 06:47:41 pm »
GH Mini is a bit bigger than piss ant size ;)  It's the size of a large donut.  Have you seen and heard a side by side comparison to a Dot?  Be careful saying "never".  It might come back and bite you...again <g>  Until something groundbreaking comes along, I'll be set on the AI front for now (after the Mini gets here on the 19th.)
Loving life with these AIs!

mike27oct

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 08:25:11 pm »
I place both Dots and minis in the piss ant size category.  Why not take advantage of the GH sale instead?

BTW, the best thing that has happened to the Dot is the Dottie cradle for wall sockets. Dots even sould a little better in them, too, when chest level socket is used, like in our bathroom.

malliekm

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 08:47:59 pm »
Wait?  I've already waited 6 days with another 9 to go!  Wait?  That's cute  ;D
I know, I really like the Dottie cradle too and agree that it does sound better (and hears better)
in this position.  Someday I'll buy one more.

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 05:23:58 am »
GH Mini is a bit bigger than piss ant size ;)  It's the size of a large donut.  Have you seen and heard a side by side comparison to a Dot?  Be careful saying "never".  It might come back and bite you...again <g>  Until something groundbreaking comes along, I'll be set on the AI front for now (after the Mini gets here on the 19th.)

yep, there are all kinds of comparisons.  a simple search will help.  check out the following, I picked one where gh mini won to keep you happy  :-P

http://phandroid.com/2017/10/06/amazon-echo-dot-vs-google-home-mini/

malliekm

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 11:56:09 am »

yep, there are all kinds of comparisons.  a simple search will help.  check out the following, I picked one where gh mini won to keep you happy  :-P

http://phandroid.com/2017/10/06/amazon-echo-dot-vs-google-home-mini/

Aren't you considerate :)
I've read and watched ALL of the reviews and videos.  I know some lean towards the Dot...those are the companies Amazon have in their pocket ;)  I check YT so often I'm down to filtering results by the HOUR...I need a life  ::)

malliekm

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 11:58:44 am »
Oh, I voted in the poll.  GHM has it by nearly 3X...69% vs 25%.