Echo & Alexa Forums

Spotify songs are zombies on Echo

sharky73

Spotify songs are zombies on Echo
« on: October 09, 2017, 06:37:10 pm »
I've had my Echo since December 2014, and I've been using Spotify with it since the beginning of that being an option. In the past month, it's been doing something strange, which I'll illustrate with an example from last night / today.

I said, "Alexa, play the song Ring of Fire." The Echo played the song via Spotify, and then it stopped, which is what I wanted. But then I was listening to a podcast via Bluetooth (Podcast Addict app on my phone, which I've used all along) and about 20 minutes into the podcast, the Bluetooth disconnected and "Ring of Fire" started playing from the beginning. This kept happening at various intervals literally all night long, and I just got home from work, and it's still happening.

ETA: This also happens if I'm not listening to anything via Bluetooth, like right now. "Ring of Fire" will randomly start playing.

I tried switching my default music player on the Alexa app back to Amazon Music. I cleared my Spotify cache and my Alexa app cache from my phone. I'm not sure what else to try. Does anyone have suggestions or fixes for me? TIA!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 06:38:42 pm by sharky73 »