Echo & Alexa Forums

Spotify is greyed oud in Alexa app in France

David

Spotify is greyed oud in Alexa app in France
« on: March 31, 2017, 08:05:01 am »
Hi,
I have purchased Echo in UK and installed the app on iPhone thanks to a US iTune account.
I have subscribed today to the free 60 day Spotify premium offer (in France, no VPN) in order to test it with Alexa.
Then, I have installed the french Spotify app on my iPhone.
In the Alexa app, in the "Home" - "Settings" - "Accounts - Music & Media" section I click on the button "Choose default Music services".
Here, there is the option "Spotify", but it is greyed out and impossible to activate.
Do you have an idea about how to troubleshoot that?
Thanks
David

Jerome

Re: Spotify is greyed oud in Alexa app in France
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 10:47:28 am »
Hi,
I have the Echo in France.
I only have a free Spotify account linked to my Echo and therefore cannot fully use it (only spotify Premium accounts work with Echo)
Nonetheless in "Choose default music services" / "Default music library", I do have Spotify that I can select.
I haven't tried the 60-day Premium trial yet but I'm going to do it see if I have the same issue as you.
Will keep you posted,

Jerome

Jerome

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 04:50:47 pm »
I'm back with some news.

I subscribed to the 60-day Spotify Premium trial and successfully linked my Spotify account on Echo then went to http://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#settings/music-settings/service-preferences
to choose Spotify as my "Default music library"
Everything works fine :)

I don't own an iPhone therefore cannot see what this setting look like in an app.
The choice is not greyed out on my Windows 10 Mobile though when browsing to http://alexa.amazon.com

celticfan1888

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 06:35:06 am »
Hi,
I have purchased Echo in UK and installed the app on iPhone thanks to a US iTune account.
I have subscribed today to the free 60 day Spotify premium offer (in France, no VPN) in order to test it with Alexa.
In the Alexa app, in the "Home" - "Settings" - "Accounts - Music & Media" section I click on the button "Choose default Music services".
Here, there is the option "Spotify", but it is greyed out and impossible to activate.
Thanks
David

change your amazon account location to either USA UK or DE - it will then be available in your app
you can only use spotify if you account is set to one of these locations

to change your account location search google and you will see in which menu the change is available

ximenin

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 07:45:08 am »
I also have this option greyed out, and I have a premium spotify account. BTW I cannot select spotify as is greyed.
I login with a uk account
Hi,
Thanks
David

Same here... and when trying to change country it warns me that I will not be able to buy again (in  amazon spanish website)

Aragornius