Echo & Alexa Forums

Bluetooth transmitter keeps reconnecting automatically

BobD

Bluetooth transmitter keeps reconnecting automatically
« on: December 02, 2015, 11:00:26 pm »
I got a Bluetooth transmitter (brightech BritePlay Live BPL03) for my Xfinity set-top box, to provide sound with my TV monitor. It pairs and connects and plays fine. When I say "disconnect", it does, but then automatically reconnects in a moment and starts playing again.

Is there some way to prevent this behavior from the Echo? Alternatively, if it stays connected is it possible to stop the audio from playing and use the Echo for other functions?

mike27oct

Re: Bluetooth transmitter keeps reconnecting automatically
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 11:29:55 pm »
"Disconnect" does not mean the same as turn off device.  So, that is likely why it is reconnecting -- it is not off.  Check the user guide for your BT device or contact the manufacturers support.

I  really cannot diagnose this properly via a forum post, but I can tell you how both my (portable) BT transmitters work with Echo.  Echo is always ready to connect to BT from anything that accesses it.  So, I connect to it by turning on my BT transmitter and disconnect from Echo by pressing the off button on BT device.  In both cases, the Echo notifies me if it is connected or disconnected when the BT TX is turned on/off. 

Same goes with my tablets and phones when connecting to Echo.  If too many BT devices are left in their BT-ON state, then confusion can arise, so I make certain no other BT devices have the BT turned on.  Good luck.

BobD

Re: Bluetooth transmitter keeps reconnecting automatically
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 01:41:57 am »
I understand. My BT device is always on - it doesn't even have a power switch. I want to control this from Echo via speech. What I want is to stop/start Echo from repeating the audio. So either tell Echo to:
- Stop reconnecting automatically - wait for me to tell it to connect, or
- Stop/start the BT audio playing

Are either of those possible?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:28:45 am by BobD »