Echo & Alexa Forums

Share Reminders on 2 Echos

alan

Share Reminders on 2 Echos
« on: October 07, 2017, 08:16:14 pm »
I have 2 Echos, one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom. Both are linked to the same Amazon account.

When I set a reminder on one unit, the other unit does not give a notification. How can I set the 2 units to both give a notification at the same time?

For example, if i set a reminder while I'm in the bedroom for the bedroom Echo to "drink beer while cooking dinner at 7pm" and I'm preparing dinner in the kitchen, the kitchen Echo does not sound the reminder at 7pm, so I miss it.

I'd like both unit to notify of the same reminder....

please help.... I'm cooking dinner and I'm thirsty....

A
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 08:20:58 pm by alan »

asianrocker

malliekm

Re: Share Reminders on 2 Echos
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 08:38:05 pm »
It's not possible right now.

StevenR

Re: Share Reminders on 2 Echos
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 04:07:11 am »
Something you could do is use the Alexa app to create the reminder instead of doing it from one of your Echos. If you go to Reminders & Alarms in the app you can add a reminder and choose which Echo you want the reminder to be set on so you can set it for the room you are most likely to be in.

Also, even if you use an Echo to set up a reminder, the Alexa app now gives you a notification when the reminder is triggered so it is harder to miss it. For this to work the app on your phone needs to be logged in with the same Amazon account the Echo you used to set up the reminder is logged in with.