Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Sonos Integration

Sonos Integration
« on: December 01, 2015, 07:25:54 pm »
First off, nothing beats the ability of sync all the music together around the house via wi-fi than Sonos.  I have all kinds of products but Sonos syncs all my various stuff.  I have about 10 sonos products and it simply rocks.  They did that mesh net with wi-fi correctly.  That being said, the Amazon Echo has the voice command thing done right.  IF YOU KNOW THE COMMANDS.  I didn't even know you can ask it to math until I read this forum.  So now, those who are Sonos fans, need to make it loud and clear to Amazon and Sonos, that we want integration between the two products.!

David M
David M
Amateur Radio Callsign: AA6RV

Re: Sonos Integration
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 12:17:41 pm »
I fully agree! It would be pretty nice to speak commands to all of my Sonos products.

Chris B
KK6CJV

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 06:49:40 pm »
I have ordered a SmartThings hub.  It appears that it will interact with Sonos and Echo.  Just not sure to what extent.  Here is a link which discusses it:

http://blog.smartthings.com/news/smartthings-updates/smartthings-labs-update-home-can-now-talk/

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 09:41:27 am »
From what I've seen, you'll like the integration!  :)