Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo setup in France

Rich S

Echo setup in France
« on: October 04, 2017, 03:36:20 pm »
I have a UK Amazon Echo Dot & live in France. I have both French & UK Amazon accounts ...
I’s there any reason why setup shouldn’t work? I downloaded the App off the UK site ok but it won’t accept my UK Acct password for some reason ...

Re: Echo setup in France
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 05:31:38 am »
Hello,
I bought a Dot last week-end in London and had no problem setting it up back in France.
I've downloaded the Amazon Alexa APK and installed it on my smarphone, using my UK Amazon account.
Everything is working well, so happy I have already pre-ordered the next Echo from Amazon :)

Midsy

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 01:03:12 pm »
Hi.

My echo dot won't find my French address. I'd like weather and traffic updates. Has anyone any idea how I can rectify this?
Tia.

Robbo

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 08:32:37 am »
Hi Tia, I was able to change my address to my French address.
Use your browser on your PC - www.alexa.amazon.co.uk/
Settings
Select your Alexa device
Scroll down to GENERAL, Device Location and edit your location here
You can also change your time zone here.
Good luck
Ian

Jerome

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 11:45:22 am »
Settings
Select your Alexa device
Good luck
Ian
Hi
I've tried that but I don't have France listed there, probable because it is not an officially supported country yet  :(
I live in France and I've set up my Echo on a US account so far.
Can you see France in your list ?! :o

Mike R

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 06:44:44 am »
Hi All

I am another potential user living in SW France.  I am about to buy an Echo Dot via my UK Amazon account and have it shipped to a friend for onward postage here.  I will post again (or beg for help) once it arrives.  :)

Mike

Chris in Makati

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 07:30:42 am »
I bought an Echo Dot in the UK and am now I'm working in SE Asia. I have the same problem here. I can change my time zone, but the Echo will not accept the fact that I'm in the Philippines. All local stuff I ask Alexa is still based on the original location. Very disappointing. Why can't Amazon understand that people don't stay in one place all the time.

asianrocker

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 11:00:12 am »
I know you're in the Philippines because you are very specific where you are. Of course I will know coz I was born there.

craftaddict

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 05:22:41 am »
I have an amazon.co.uk account and I can access alexa on laptop. It will not let me download the Alexa APK app though saying I am not eligible as not in the UK. Even with a vpn putting me in the UK. Any tips please ? what is the next best app I could use. Otherwise I will be sending it back to QVC as there are so many limits being in France.

thanks, Joanne

Hello,
I bought a Dot last week-end in London and had no problem setting it up back in France.
I've downloaded the Amazon Alexa APK and installed it on my smarphone, using my UK Amazon account.
Everything is working well, so happy I have already pre-ordered the next Echo from Amazon :)

alexleo13

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 12:02:53 pm »
Settings
Select your Alexa device
Good luck
Ian
Hi
I've tried that but I don't have France listed there, probable because it is not an officially supported country yet  :(
I live in France and I've set up my Echo on a US account so far.
Can you see France in your list ?! :o

I have the same issue for Italy. It is not on the list of countries to select in order to change the location of the device. Out of all the European countries it seems that only France and Italy are missing...????? On my Amazon.com account setting, when I chose my Alexa device I have no option to change it settings (no such option as General, device location and so on). Is there a way to contact Amazon and ask for clues?

alexleo13

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 12:35:29 pm »
Hi, I copy the answer I received from Amazon on my question about availability of France and Italy in the list of locations of the device:

Greetings from Alexa Customer Support!

I understand your concern regarding the availability of Alexa in France and Italy. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please be informed that at the earlier stage it was only available in the U.S.

But we are expanding its marketplace and currently it is also available and being used in United Kingdom, Austria, India and Germany.

Please be informed that, this project is still in development stage and our developers are working very hard to make it available worldwide so that our customers from all over the world can take advantage of Alexa.

I've considered your query as a feedback and forwarded this to our Alexa development team. I know they'll want to hear about your experience. Your feedback helps us improve your experience with Alexa.”
I don’t think that the answer is fully correct given that the list of locations includes many other countries besides the ones mentioned in the reply.

If all affected customers write, perhaps we may push for a quick update.

Jerome

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 03:05:26 am »
Echo products are not sold in France and Italy therefore there is no need to contact Amazon for support !
(this forum is here for that)
If you are impatient then stop being : they will release their products when they are ready.
And don't expect them to give you a release date, rumors are here for that  :P
In the meantime it's all about tweaks, workarounds and frustration for the other markets...
Or buy a Google Home if you want better French integration in France ;)

SUZYQFRANCE

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 08:50:39 am »
HOW DO I USE MINE IN FRANCE THEN PLEASE

SUZYQFRANCE

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 09:05:14 am »
HOW DO I SET UP MY ECHO DOT IN FRANCE PLEASE

SUZYQFRANCE

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 09:06:05 am »
HOW DID YOU DO IT PLEASE