Echo & Alexa Forums

Buy a GH Mini @ WM for $24...Maybe???

malliekm

Buy a GH Mini @ WM for $24...Maybe???
« on: October 03, 2017, 07:23:09 pm »
https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/03/google-home-mini-leak/

"The Mini will reportedly ship around October 19th for $49, and you might not even have to pay that much. You see, Walmart has an tie-in with Google Express that cuts $25 off the price of orders until January 15th. That means you could be paying as little as $24"

Re: Buy a GH Mini @ WM for $24...Maybe???
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 05:12:29 am »
I saw that, who wants something that look like beanbags all over the place  :-P

malliekm

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 09:25:15 am »
I saw that, who wants something that look like beanbags all over the place  :-P

ME!   
Bean bag!?
I thought it looked more like a French macaroon, especially the coral colored one.  Google it  :)
Definitely what it (may) lack in looks it makes up for in smarts  ;D

malliekm

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 10:09:06 am »
Yep, definitely more like a delicate French macaroon than a bean bag!  ;D

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 02:03:23 pm »
I just ordered my GH Mini.  Anyone else?  Mike? Got the black :( since it's replacing the Dot that sits on top of the Keurig in the kitchen...we don't drink much coffee around here.

ericnrosesmom

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 03:27:52 pm »
I went to google express  website and found walmart, but it only shows the full size home, The mini is available on walmart.com but I don't want to preorder it from there if there's a way to get it cheaper. Unless this deal is over already? can someone post a direct link to it?

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 05:36:18 pm »
I went to google express  website and found walmart, but it only shows the full size home, The mini is available on walmart.com but I don't want to preorder it from there if there's a way to get it cheaper. Unless this deal is over already? can someone post a direct link to it?

there are possibilities, 1. the price will not be available until it is actually released or  2. you might have to order it through your google home walmart voice shopping.  but then it could always be fake news  :-)

malliekm

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 06:14:33 pm »
Oh ye of little faith.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Google-Home-Mini-Charcoal/337724315
Look for the Google Express logo on the left side of the page.
I canceled my order.  I'm going to wait it out so I can get it for about 1/2 price (sigh)
I called GE when I couldn't find the Mini on the GE/Walmart site.  I was told the problem
is "you won't see 'pre-order' items in the mall.  You'll find it when it becomes available".
Later tonight I'll try Chat to see if I get the same answer.

ericnrosesmom

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 07:55:39 pm »
Ok I'll check back then. Thanks for responding

mike27oct

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 07:57:41 pm »
Patience, folks.  All the latest gizmos will be cheaper by Nov -- it's Xmas shopping season soon!!!  Google will have a big sale when Amazon does.

malliekm

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 11:07:38 pm »
I chatted with Google Express.  Here is the reply I got when I told her/him that GHM shows up on Walmart.com  for pre-order but not on Google Express/Walmart.  So now I have two different answers.  Never fails! 
----------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately, there is a bug in the Google Express system right now that is preventing shoppers from pre-ordering the Home Mini through us. However, so long as your Home Mini is purchased from us Walmart or Walmart.com, is activated by January 15th , and you link your Google Express account to your Walmart.com account through the Google Home app, you will still receive the $25 coupon.

The $25 coupon is not for the purchase of the Google Home, but rather is for your next Google Express Walmart purchase.

malliekm

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 11:18:29 pm »
...and then there's this from andriodpolice.com saying they were incorrect to say it was $25 off a GHM, rather $25 off your next purchase.  So it was a tiny bit "fake" news ;)
http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/04/deal-alert-get-25-off-google-home-home-mini-walmart-express/#1

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 05:11:54 am »
Yep, definitely more like a delicate French macaroon than a bean bag!  ;D

no cream filling on mini  :-)

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 05:15:14 am »
I chatted with Google Express.  Here is the reply I got when I told her/him that GHM shows up on Walmart.com  for pre-order but not on Google Express/Walmart.  So now I have two different answers.  Never fails! 
----------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately, there is a bug in the Google Express system right now that is preventing shoppers from pre-ordering the Home Mini through us. However, so long as your Home Mini is purchased from us Walmart or Walmart.com, is activated by January 15th , and you link your Google Express account to your Walmart.com account through the Google Home app, you will still receive the $25 coupon.

The $25 coupon is not for the purchase of the Google Home, but rather is for your next Google Express Walmart purchase.

oh well, google and walmart will need to get their act together if they want to sell through express. 

malliekm

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 11:46:57 am »
RENEGADE:  Watch the following Youtube video to the 17 second mark.  Of course you can watch the whole thing if want but it gets offensive.  Im not the only one that thinks GHM looks more like a delicate French macaroon than a bean bag  ;D
https://youtu.be/kJsMRLFE6r8