Echo & Alexa Forums

New Products

Bandageboyz

New Products
« on: September 28, 2017, 07:24:58 am »
What does everyone think of the product refreshes yesterday? Great to see that the Show will finally becoming to the UK. Though quite liked the look of the Spot which doesn't seem to be on offer here yet. Though no idea what i'd use the Buttons for.

Though for me the biggest and best change is that we finally get some of the Intercom/calling options which we have been waiting for. 

strayfish

Re: New Products
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 07:43:11 am »
I like the look of the Spot too because colours! Buttons? No idea. Pretty but what are they for?

Pagemakers

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 08:15:54 am »
The only one I really want I can’t get in the UK.....The Spot

Beetle-Snake

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 10:02:26 am »
I don't want to be ungrateful but the Spot for me does look the most interesting. Not sure why this one has been held back for the UK. Good to see Show getting a UK release (US surplus stock perhaps?) but I am still in two minds whether to get it as it just doesnt feel like a "finished" product and has room for improvement - also the loss of youtube is a big negative although I am sure Amazon and Google will sort this out eventually.

Pagemakers

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 11:19:18 am »
I purchased a SHOW when i was in the states on a trip. However, you can’t add it to a UK account because when you add a device the SHOW is not there. I returned the device.

That said, it was quite underwhelming and I may have returned it anyway.

Joe Duffy

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 12:44:43 pm »
I've pre-ordered the new Amazon Fire TV for my upstairs TV and will be ordering the upcoming Fire TV box with Alexa built in as soon as it's available. Expensive TV package, second Tivo box and landline from Virgin Media are all getting cancelled and I'll be going on a broadband only deal.

malliekm

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 12:47:24 pm »
I'm hoping the Spot goes on sale for Christmas.  That's the only new product that caught my eye.

StevenR

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 01:49:44 pm »
I really like the look of the Echo Spot and, although I don't really need one, I'll probably be buying one when they come to the UK (I think this is supposed to be the early part of next year). The Buttons look like they could be fun if you are having a party - it looks like they will be able to interact with skills and so you could have a multi player quiz game which needs you to buzz in to answer the question.

hazymat

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 03:48:57 pm »
Wow, lots of love for the Spot.

Agree - I like the look of it and will probably buy one or two for the home. Being able to set alarms, control lights, and do little video calls (I think that's supported?) from a bedside table is pretty 21st century.

malliekm

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 04:12:23 pm »
Wow, lots of love for the Spot.

Agree - I like the look of it and will probably buy one or two for the home. Being able to set alarms, control lights, and do little video calls (I think that's supported?) from a bedside table is pretty 21st century.

Yes, video calls are supported.  I want one but not sure I can justify three AIs (1 Google Home, 1 Dot and the Spot) in the bedroom and ensuite.  Moving the GH from the bedroom and the Dot from the master bathroom is not an option.  So it seems a bit of an overkill even tho the Spot offers more/different features.

strayfish

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 06:10:01 pm »
I'm running out of places to plug things in. I need a stable of some sort :)

Offline jwlv

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 06:49:01 pm »
I must not be normal  ::)  I don't really like the Echo Spot.

strayfish

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 04:15:12 am »
I must not be normal  ::)  I don't really like the Echo Spot.
Pretty sure it's diagnostic of something! :D