Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Plus Hub capability

TechD87

Echo Plus Hub capability
« on: September 28, 2017, 01:49:47 pm »
So I'm curious concerning this "smart hub" feature. Will this essential be replacing a device such as Samsung SmartThing? And if that is the case, will a "dumb" Echo utilize the "smart" features in the "Echo Plus"?

I'm already going to be buying this, I just wanted to get a better understanding of this. I haven't expanded on my smart home yet other than a normal Echo, so this will definitely be a perk.

Re: Echo Plus Hub capability
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 05:33:35 pm »
based on what it is compatible with, it look like it will replace the wink, smarthome, the hue and who knows what else.  It sounds like a good deal if you have a lot of hubs plugged into the router.  I just hope you will be able to control the smart devices remotely with the new echo.  I guess we really will not know the specifics until it is actually released. 

as much as it will make things easier, I will stick with what I have for a little while longer otherwise it  would be throwing money away when I stick the hubs I have in the closet. 

Re: Echo Plus Hub capability
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 07:03:20 pm »
it  would be throwing money away when I stick the hubs I have in the closet.

I think the thing to do is to gift the old ones to folks who haven't gotten the bug yet... and buy yourself new ones. Or move them to the rooms that don't have them (if there are such rooms... like even the garage could have one)
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!