Echo & Alexa Forums

Introducing Echo Plus – Black + Philips Hue Bulb

asianrocker

Introducing Echo Plus – Black + Philips Hue Bulb
« on: September 27, 2017, 05:02:49 pm »
What? Ok. I want This. But I want to put the hub myself on my echo. I mean if they can put a built in hub, then of course I can too. So, any insider here knows how I can transform my orig echo into this one with built in hub? All I need is a link with step by step guide. Anyone?

https://www.amazon.com/Introducing-Echo-Plus-Black-Philips/dp/B075RPT9WT/ref=sr_tr_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1506545924&sr=8-2&keywords=echo

Re: Introducing Echo Plus – Black + Philips Hue Bulb
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 05:41:58 am »
you may have missed the part where you will only need the alex app, and none of the other apps  :-)

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:19:37 am »
you may have missed the part where you will only need the alex app, and none of the other apps  :-)

Yeah but the hub must be installed in Alexa itself that is why. And that is why I want it installed in mine. But I don't know how obviously or I would have done it long time ago. I knew there is a way to do it but don't know exactly how..

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 07:22:55 pm »
Amazon went to the trouble to purpose build all the parts and pieces needed to work this out inside the form factor of the product they are selling... Physically I don't think you will ever find components that will allow you to fit a separate hub inside an existing Echo. The spaces inside the original echo are pretty much used up with poor sound quality design and the original microphone array and what is already in it. I think they probably will be quite different inside when you are able to see the new echo with hub inside...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

asianrocker

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 11:01:56 pm »
No pretty sure this hub is software not hardware. I will know eventually just need to wait for someone who bought it to figure out what they did.

It does seem like they put an aux input on this one too.

Found out what they did. Ugh. It's zigbee. So they did put the module in there. Sucks. Was hoping it was software not hardware. Guess I can't put it in my echo then.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:30:04 pm by asianrocker »