Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon launches new Echo

k9kids

Re: Amazon launches new Echo
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 06:26:00 pm »
I'm trying to figure out how to slip one (a Spot) in the house.  If he notices it, I'll try to play the "this ol' thing?  I've had it forever" card ;)

give it to him for christmas  :-)

That's what I'm doing for her. LOL!

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 07:00:19 pm »
About the camera in the bedroom... A little piece of tape will insure no prying eyes see things they shouldn't... Post it note pieces do the job, but I think It's time for me to invent a 2 dollar piece of plastic to sit over the top that covers JUST the camera when not being used.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

mike27oct

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 07:07:24 pm »
New platform for Livestream, fer sure.

malliekm

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 07:14:24 pm »
I'm trying to figure out how to slip one (a Spot) in the house.  If he notices it, I'll try to play the "this ol' thing?  I've had it forever" card ;)

Yeah, no that'll never work.  He's not in the least bit impressed with AIs and the "smart" home environment :(  He's a chainsaw, gun, bow-fishing rod toting and boot type man.  But there's hope.  I remember when he made fun the Internet and smartphones.  He had a smartphone before I did! LOL

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2017, 04:17:34 am »

Yeah, no that'll never work.  He's not in the least bit impressed with AIs and the "smart" home environment :(  He's a chainsaw, gun, bow-fishing rod toting and boot type man.  But there's hope.  I remember when he made fun the Internet and smartphones.  He had a smartphone before I did! LOL

then buy one, and tell that a friend gave it to you as an early xmas present  :-)  or give it to your friend and have them stop by when he is home and give it to you in front of him. 

famattjr

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 10:50:48 am »
Website shows the 2nd Gen Echo (the $99.99 one) on a counter w/no wires. They are selling a 21W power adapter, the back of it has a receptacle for an adapter. I assume it's not rechargeable and that the box contains a power adapter. Call Amazon, they are totally stumped about this.

AlanH

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 10:57:15 am »
From the UK website: Included in the box: Amazon Echo, Echo Shell, power adaptor/cable (1.8 m), Things to Try card and Quick Start Guide.