Echo & Alexa Forums

Multiple Accounts - Primary User

cvtrhoades

Multiple Accounts - Primary User
« on: September 27, 2017, 11:27:05 am »
Hi all, have just gotten a couple of Dots, and am a bit confused.  I really home this isn't basic user error as that means I'm finally old.

The issue is:  my partner and I both have Amazon accounts.  He has Prime, and I have regular.  I, however, have the Spotify Premium account.  It feels like I need to switch one of these to the same person, otherwise I keep having to use the Switch Accounts function.

Part two of this question is that we registered one of the Dots to me and one to my partner (but same WiFi and we have created an Amazon Household).  Is this an issue?  I feel like there should be more synergy between the two devices (so if I pause a song on one upstairs, I should be able to say, "resume playback" downstairs.  Have I not configured correctly, or is this not possible?  Thanks very much!

-Chris

Tonyt

Re: Multiple Accounts - Primary User
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 01:17:36 pm »
I have the same sort of problem that I can't move music from one device to another. I have the Echo and 3 Dots and want to set up multi room but find you can't use the same device in more than one group. This seems to against what Amazon advertise as they promote multi room set up

asianrocker

Re: Multiple Accounts - Primary User
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 04:08:24 pm »
Yes you have to switch to just one person if you want to use the multi room. As far as I know, that's how it works. It has to be connected to same EVERYTHING.