Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo not playing music from Amazon Prime music

ncezarus

Echo not playing music from Amazon Prime music
« on: September 26, 2017, 08:17:51 am »
I tried 3 times to reconfigure Echo for Amazon music to work. When I ask for play music I receive the following message and I can't find where the problem is:
Alexa, play some music

Your Amazon Music marketplace is not configured correctly for this device.

I could not find anything on the web about this issue.
Many thanks in advance
Cezar

asianrocker

Re: Echo not playing music from Amazon Prime music
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 10:45:23 am »
If you don't live in US then it's probably why. Have a US account work around.

ncezarus

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 10:55:27 am »
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the Prime membership is on this UK account that probably it will take longer and will more difficult to transfer.
This might be a solution but is illogical to apply for this case :)
In other order, I raised a ticket to support and waiting for their feedback.

If anyone had this issue, please reply.

Many thanks,
Cezar

ncezarus

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:27:19 am »
If you don't live in US then it's probably why. Have a US account work around.
Problem solved. This was not working because my account was linked to amazon.com and the echo was linked to amazon.co.uk
I migrated to amazon.co.uk and the issue was solved.
Somehow, this is a bug from amazon, they should document this because I have the feeling I am not the only one with this issue.

andrewfoster80

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 06:23:35 am »
I am having this message on both my Echo dots "Your Amazon Music marketplace is not configured correctly for this device."

When I check, as you suggest, the accounts, as far as I can tell my accounts/apps/devices are all UK based. Is there somewhere else I should be checking?

Neither device plays music, and perhaps this is always why I can never ask about my orders!

DKW

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 07:26:01 am »
I have been having the same problem for the last six months and amazon have failed to resolve the problem for me.
I have three echo devices, and an amazon.co.uk prime account, and an account with both amazon.com ( I have relatives and friends in the USA) and amazon.co.uk. Both of these accounts have the same address, telephone, payment details etc.
Is it worthwhile me closing the amazon.com account to see if that fixes the problem?
Any thoughts gratefully received, as the amazon help desk has come up with nothing.

Rajat Negi

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 03:58:38 pm »
I tried 3 times to reconfigure Echo for Amazon music to work. When I ask for play music I receive the following message and I can't find where the problem is:
Alexa, play some music

Your Amazon Music marketplace is not configured correctly for this device.

I could not find anything on the web about this issue.
Many thanks in advance
Rajat Negi
India

ash19leigh

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 03:17:55 pm »
I contacted Amazon about this problem and they came back and said they noticed that the country setting in my Account was not set to the correct location. 

For some reason it changed after I set Spotify as the default Music app. I couldn't select Spotify in the first instance as it was greyed out, so I changed the Country from UK to USA, and back again - so it must have went out of sync when I was faffing about with these settings.

Here are the instructions to fix the issue which worked for me.

You can change your country settings by visiting the Manage Your Content and Devices page and following the steps given below:

1. Go to https://www.amazon.com/mycd.

2. On Manage Your Content and Devices, select the "Settings" tab. If you are using a mobile device, select the menu icon, and then select "Settings."

3. Under "Country Settings," select "Change," and add

4. Open the link from the "Click here to learn more about other Amazon sites you are eligible to shop on based on your country of residence."

5. Select "Learn more," and then confirm your new location under the section "Update your default Kindle store to Amazon.co.uk." If prompted, enter your Amazon account credentials.

6. If you have already activated your device, go to the My Devices tab in the Manage Your Content and Devices page, and deregister your device. Register the device again using the Alexa app, and then select your default language.

If you are still having issues, you can reach the chat support representative by using the below link:

https://www.amazon.com/clicktochat-alexachatsupport