Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Google Home Reminders Rolling Out Now

Google Home Reminders Rolling Out Now
« on: September 25, 2017, 10:23:52 pm »
Starting today, Google is rolling out reminders.  You can create single reminders as well as recurring ones.
Here is a chart explaining how to set and manage GH reminders.
https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7387866?hl=en&ref_topic=7399445
The article also says, "Location reminders are coming soon". 

Re: Google Home Reminders Rolling Out Now
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 04:54:04 am »
I was reading about this yesterday and was going to post it when I got off of work this morning.  figure you would beat me too it since you are such a big fan of gh  :-P

it is good to have recurring reminders, especially those who gotta take medications and tend to forget.   

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 12:44:47 pm »
Best place for med reminders is on smartphones unless one is always at home and never away.

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 01:58:44 pm »
The reminders also come to your phone.  They do with Alexa reminders too.  My GH  reminders are working now.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 01:11:16 am »
Location based reminders.  Just what the heck is a location based reminder?  I wasn't sure so I asked over on Google's GH forum.
This was the reply:
Hey Monica, a location based reminder is something like "remind me to pick up milk at Safeway" or "remind me to give the cat meds when I get home." Location-based reminders like these have a location (address) attached to them. Once you arrive at that place (location), the reminder fires.

Does this sound terribly useful to anyone?