Echo & Alexa Forums

Another Smart AI Speaker - with Microsoft Cortana

Offline jwlv

Another Smart AI Speaker - with Microsoft Cortana
« on: October 22, 2017, 09:51:33 pm »
https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/20/harman-kardon-invoke-review/

Looks like there's a new kid on the block. The Harmon Kardon Invoke with Microsoft Cortana.

mike27oct

Re: Another Smart AI Speaker - with Microsoft Cortana
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 11:23:24 pm »
Looks like an Echo on a diet.  Good thing device is NOT from Microsoft, because it would be destined to fail/  It might do that anyway; who uses Cortana anyway?

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 06:10:55 am »
Looks like an Echo on a diet.  Good thing device is NOT from Microsoft, because it would be destined to fail/  It might do that anyway; who uses Cortana anyway?

not me, can't even pronounce cortana

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 04:41:29 am »
I saw this actually on Best buy last weekend. I have a new laptop with Cortana. So I am just getting to know her. So far so good. I set it up so all I say is hey cortana (look ma, no hands) and she's ready for my command. Oh reminds me to connect it to echo via BT so Cortana's voice come out of my echo just for shits and giggles.

IMO, cortana powered windows is awesome. You can voice command everything. Open any app, settings, anything on menu. One thing I noticed. You can't use the word play to open youtube. It only works to the word watch.

I actually hate bing. So I just said hey cortana, open google. LOL. Surprised it opens it no problem coz when I type search google on Bing it's being shady.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 10:27:18 am by asianrocker »