Echo & Alexa Forums

Effectiveness of voice training

KenMahler

Effectiveness of voice training
« on: September 20, 2017, 10:57:30 am »
Greetings,

My cousin has MS and is almost completely unable to move. I got her an Echo in the hopes that it will give her some ability to control her environment. I'm confident that Echo can give her that, except for the fact that her voice is so weak that Alexa can't hear her and respond to spoken commands.

I haven't been able to try putting it directly in front of her, yet. I did move it as close as possible, but to no avail. The Echo currently doesn't yet support Bluetooth microphones, which would be ideal. In any case, I think I could get it to hear her, but the bigger issue is getting Alexa to understand her spoken commands.

0nce it can "hear" her, I want to try voice training. Her voice is weak, as I said, but also somewhat slurred and there are hesitations between words.  In normal face-to-face conversations, she can be understood, but I'm not so sure how well Alexa would understand her. That's why I want to try voice training.

What have others discovered about voice training under similar circumstances? How effective is it?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Re: Effectiveness of voice training
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 02:54:09 pm »
I have never done it and have no problems.  it will not hurt to just give it a try to see if it helps in your case.