Echo & Alexa Forums

Accessing shopping list offline

Re: Accessing shopping list offline
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 06:35:39 pm »
IMO, you should not have to change any settings to get to the list.  that is why I am always mentioning that amazon needs a widget for their lists.  if you use evernote and other similar apps you can get the shopping list on a widget. 

asianrocker

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 07:53:20 pm »

LOL some posters here are funny. It is actually amusing though how some people can't access their shopping list off line. Mine works really fine.

Actually I read before you can't access it offline so what I do before was access my shopping list while still home then leave it open so even if I have no network. My shopping list is still viewable.

Oh have to say though, when I did that leave my alexa app shopping list open when offline, it screwed up my connection coz it detected that I was offline and booted me off the alexa app, then I've to re setup my echo.

so this new feature is a welcome surprise.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:57:30 pm by asianrocker »

mike27oct

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 09:26:02 pm »
Wii an android Phone user explain to Monica how to swipe an app off her phone.  In the case of my iPhone I must double click the home button, running apps show in half screens and I swipe/drag the app I want off on the screen upward and it is gone and totally shut off.

malliekm

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 09:29:52 pm »
Oops, I forgot the PhotoBucket doesn't work like it used to.  I'll redo this visual, for those that need it, again.

When my Alexa app is closed (not minimized) and wifi and mobile data are off (or
on for that matter), this is the first screen that opens when I open the Alexa app.

I tap the menu in the upper left corner to access the menu, tap list and see this

Tap the menu again (since is SAYS I can still use my list) and tap list and see this

malliekm

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 09:45:06 pm »
Wii an android Phone user explain to Monica how to swipe an app off her phone.  In the case of my iPhone I must double click the home button, running apps show in half screens and I swipe/drag the app I want off on the screen upward and it is gone and totally shut off.

There are a lot of things a "swipe" can do on my phone.  I'm pretty sure closing an app isn't one of them on the S7 running Nougat 7.0.  Remember, Android users have choices.  We're not stuck on doing things one way...ie Apple's way or the highway.  If someone else has a different phone, different provider, different OS, there can be different actions to do the same thing.  I can swipe and drop an app to the "remove" section of the screen but that removes the app, it doesn't close it.  I know how to close an app.

malliekm

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 09:52:36 pm »

When I double click my home button, my camera opens.  That's a feature I have the option to set up.
Like I said yesterday, tapping the "recent" soft key opens all running apps.  I can tap "close all".
I can also close individual apps by swiping them off the screen or I can open one.  I just never use that feature that way.  I normally close all or open one. 

mike27oct

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 11:24:55 pm »
Just trying to help.  Someone said he swiped the Alexa app off on his Android, and he got same results as I did, and the message on screen your referred to.

No need to "dis" my cell phone, I have not dissed yours.All smartphones are good.  I like mine, and you like yours.  So what!