Echo & Alexa Forums

Googlel Home Mini is Leaked

malliekm

Googlel Home Mini is Leaked
« on: September 19, 2017, 09:15:48 pm »
Here are some leaked pictures and an article of the new Google Home Mini.  Same price as the Dot.
It's cute! :)  I'll be buying one in coral.
http://www.androidauthority.com/google-home-mini-daydream-view-headset-leak-801616/

mike27oct

Re: Googlel Home Mini is Leaked
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 11:18:56 pm »
Is money burning a hole in your pocket?

malliekm

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 12:50:46 am »
Why would you ask me that?  Would you ask me that if I were getting another Echo Dot?
I want the full featured power of a GH at a price I can easily afford.  I use my AIs for a lot
more than music and time/temp.  Maybe you don't.   No, money is not burning a hole in my pocket.
I will probably put this in kitchen and banish the Dot to a lesser used room.  The kitchen AI gets
used the most.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 01:47:17 am »
You mean to say you still do not have enough AI gadgets?  I thought you were done.  By all means fill the house with them. I have plenty for now.  (Since I used my white Dot last week for the new Dottie, I have to break the seal on my last unopened Dot to put it in room where the white one was!)

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 03:35:19 am »
I was done. But the new Google Home Mini is a game changer.  It has the small size that I need in the kitchen, like the Dot, and offers more features than the Dot.  Be careful. You also said you didn't need a Google Home.  You have two, right?  ;).  I have an unopened tp-link smart outlet that I bought during Amazon Prime Day.  Someday I'll figure out where I need it.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 12:22:22 pm »
Yep. ya got me.  Have two Google Home devices after learning it used Chromecast instead of BT (it now has BT, too.)  Even got a Dottie for a bathroom Dot. If we needed one for kitchen we would have a Dottie there, too. Nevertheless, the AI search of GH is less important to us for smaller units, yet it is better than Alexa's search.  Have found that having each brand of AI is very handy.